This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Inam Junichi Petrache Mahmood - 05/01/2018 00:30 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, I took it upon myself to treat my wife to the sights of London. Big Ben was being renovated, London Eye had no tickets left, and it rained all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 856
You deserved it 685

Top comments

Hellblazer_Sith 25

If you travelled far FYL however if you haven’t and from the UK you should know Big Ben is undergoing work and you need to prebook London Eye tickets. Plus it’s the UK, 90% of the time it rains.

Google is literally at your finger tips. you could have saved yourself so much time and planned something else

Comments

marecu 13

If you went on a vacation from afar to visit, then FYL. If you live nearby, just go again! Those attractions aren’t going away :)

Hellblazer_Sith 25

If you travelled far FYL however if you haven’t and from the UK you should know Big Ben is undergoing work and you need to prebook London Eye tickets. Plus it’s the UK, 90% of the time it rains.

exileonmainst 16

What? Rain? In England? In January nonetheless? I am shocked, shocked I tell you!

09051308288 17

She will surely appreciate the thought though.

Google is literally at your finger tips. you could have saved yourself so much time and planned something else

Who visits London in early January expecting good weather? And surprise surprise, there are an increasing number of tourist attractions for which you'd best get tickets for ahead of time. Saves queueing for starters (average at least an hour at the Louvre and Eiffel tower)

JudgeComrade 17

At least the rain didn't fail, and delivered the genuine London weather.

Lobby_Bee 17

Really? Planned a trip without looking at the weather forecast for that area beforehand? YDI

Rain? In London? Golly-gee, you must be mistaken!

even if you traveled there YDI, you should have done you research for a trip like that. The renovation for Big Ben is set to last 4 years. It's pretty public news. same with everything else. Check the normal weather patterns before you pick a time frame. Check to see how to get tickets to any popular attraction.

Mungolikecandy 19

I selected YDI as it has been widely publicised for the last year that Elizabeth Tower and Big Ben are being renovated. London Eye is not something you usually just turn up to for a ticket. There are many7, many indoors sights to visits in London so rain is not really an issue.