By ilovebigmacs - 06/08/2015 04:10 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I spotted an elderly man trying to use the ladder at work. Knowing customers aren't supposed to use these, I went over and helped. Not only did I fall from the ladder, but I landed on the old man's foot, breaking my elbow and fracturing his toe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 774
You deserved it 3 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jentrynicole 20

Honestly, he's hurt a lot less than what would have happened if he fell off the ladder. Not that he necessarily would have....but I'm trying to make you feel better.

Comments

jentrynicole 20

Honestly, he's hurt a lot less than what would have happened if he fell off the ladder. Not that he necessarily would have....but I'm trying to make you feel better.

For an octogenarian, his toe dominated your young whippersnapper elbow!

I hope he didn't lash out in anger by doing something like wiping snot in OP's hair after the accident.

I didn't get this until I read a couple more posts

Ah, that is a pretty bad turn of events. Maybe you could get some workman's comp? If anything, you learned customers need to keep a safe distance from the ladder at all times (I guess that's a bright side)

Did you walk under it before helping him...

At least you were trying to protect him. It's not like you did it intentionally.

You wanted to help that matters... But you can change destiny which is that the old man getting hurt.

karcummings 19

well atleast you tried helping.

LadyLuck93 20

Don't take it to heart, accidents do happen. At least you have good intentions about caring for others. Get well soon, op.

corky1992 33

At least it was you that fell and not him. He probably would have gotten injured worse.