By princeronron - 08/09/2015 02:02 - Switzerland - Prilly

Today, I spilled the bowl of cat food I'd just filled. I picked it all up in front of my cat, but he refused to eat any of it. I had to put the food back into the packet and fill the bowl all over again. My cat is a prince. FML
I agree, your life sucks 453
You deserved it 114

Top comments

"You feed me, I am your king." - every cat

DMA0712 22

That's the second cat related FML this week. I think they must be planning something.

Comments

Haha makes me think of how my cat sits in front of his bowl of water and meows if it's not cold enough.

My cat uses her water bowl as a target to throw her toys in

My cat likes to spill both her food and her water so that the food pellets get mushy and moldy underneath the dish.

Kallian_fml 21

And yet, he's apparently no genius. Did he see you pour the food back into the container?

Ancient Egyptians treated cats as gods and the cats still remember.

Sounds familiair to my cats. If there's food left in the bowl from the day before, there's no way they'll eat that. Unless I put it back in the bag, shake it a bit and put it back in the bowl with some "fresh" food. Cats are weird.

tastychickens 13

@OP: I had a cat that loved crunchy treats but would not eat them if I poured them into a pile. I had to sit there and put each treat on the floor in front of her one by one. She would happily eat them and wait patiently for the next treat. Kelly was a true princess.

Cat be like Leonardo diCatprio on the Titanic: "I'm the king of the world!"

askullnamedbilly 33

That's because you allow him to do that. If your pet doesn't have medical problems and yet refuses to eat their food simply because they don't think it's good enough, just leave it out and don't give them anything else until they finish it. No pet is going to starve when they have access to a full food bowl - but if you give in to their demands, they learn that they just have to wait a bit to get what they want.

TJStarzZ 8

#26: I was gonna say, 'Because, OP, you're an enabler'. Pets can be spoiled as children can be. My mother would do me the same, growing up. If she prepared something I didn't like, she wouldn't save it, or cook another dish, she'd leave it until I got hungry and there was no question about it.

oceanbeauty 17

Have you ever had a picky cat? I tried the whole starvation thing with mine once. He went almost a week without eating because he didn't like the food I was giving him. Cats WILL starve themselves until they get their way. I changed his food to a more expensive brand, of course, and he ate right away.

That's BS. No cat has ever starved to death. They all eat when they get hungry enough.

leogachi 15

"No cat has ever starved to death." Not an accurate statement.