By Anonymous - 20/05/2018 01:30

Today, I sneezed without knowing I had a nosebleed. Despite turning my head, a fine blood spray shot out all over my fiancée’s white dress as we were standing at the altar. She refused to say “I do” because she was so mad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 063
You deserved it 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So much for that “in sickness and in health” part.

If you weren't able to actually finish the ceremony, you may have just had the luckiest escape of your life. You could have had a serious health issue, and all she is concerned about is her dress? If you did get married, my condolences!

Comments

ouch! I am so sorry OP. I know it is a really important day for both of you and the dress is important. Could they not have got rid of some of the blood with cold water? I feel like her reaction is an overreaction and sucks for you so much! but I am not in her shoes so i have no idea what it might be like. but basically calling off a wedding because of it - seems drastic.

Peroxide would take it right out. The more fresh the stain, the less you have to soak.

If you weren't able to actually finish the ceremony, you may have just had the luckiest escape of your life. You could have had a serious health issue, and all she is concerned about is her dress? If you did get married, my condolences!

I understand it's a big day for both of you but if she's overreacting to the point she wouldn't even say I do, you may want to rethink this whole thing OP. Your happiness matters.

So much for that “in sickness and in health” part.

I don't think she has to follow that until after the "I do" part.

adelaine782002 17

I know all too well about that in sickness and health part..my first husband filed for divorce 6 months after I had a severe head injury as a corrections officer

Ouch! Hope the nosebleed was nothing serious! Weddings can be stressful for both parties and she certainly didn’t want the dress ruined. It’s maybe her emotions running high that made her react like that.But certainly the satins can come off iff immediately tended to. Hope she did finally say yes and not call off the wedding for something completely out of your hands.

Mykman 9

wish i would have thought of that at my wedding

AJ1981 12

personally if that happened to me I wouldn't marry her anymore. only thing important at a wedding is love. if her dress is more important than live marriage wouldnt last anyway

Maybe she didn't say I do not because of the dress mess, but because she suddenly realized she was about to marry an animal who never learned to cover his sneezes. Seriouly, you don't just turn your head and let rip, sneeze into your elbow or something.

Would you sneeze in a expensive wedding suit?

Obviously the suit was more expensive than the wedding dress.