By bestnameright - 10/12/2012 03:53 - United States - Washington

Today, I sent in an assignment from my batshit insane teacher. The assignment was to read a poem, analyze it, and make a comic of its plot. This would've been fine if the teacher who assigned it to me didn't teach math. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 578
You deserved it 2 061

bestnameright tells us more.

Actually when I told my humanities teacher about the project I learned that my math teacher has a degree in literature or something. 0_0

Top comments

Teacher made the decision to change majors kind of late.

Sounds like you could do with a better teacher. Teacher's and their "innovation of new ways of learning", huh?

Comments

Sounds like you could do with a better teacher. Teacher's and their "innovation of new ways of learning", huh?

Unless it was a math poem... my mind is turning into scrambled eggs! What is x and y to the power of three? Whole numbers, mixed numbers and absolute, exponents, integers and factoring trees.

SDTD10 5

Come on people this is the new curriculum duh!

justspin 7

27- where I live we have something called standard based learning. No homework. But projects have to be assigned in multiple ways so my math teachers could assign this shit. Sorry op! Good luck.

Teacher made the decision to change majors kind of late.

I know this is math kids, but here is English homework!

Actually when I told my humanities teacher about the project I learned that my math teacher has a degree in literature or something. 0_0

kitsune3 20

Still doesn't give him an excuse. If that's not the class he actually teaches, I don't think he should be entitled to assigning things for other courses. Lit. degree or not, it's your English teacher's job to give you those kinds of assignments, not his.

shyeahh_fml 19

37 - That's kind of the point of the FML...

Maybe maths is getting boring and he's broadening his horizons? Instead of poetry, analyse a movie and say 'it's the same thing', just like he did.

I heard about expanding your horizons, but I think your teacher got too far from her verticals. She should get back to her origin.

Oh but what's the point! Is it such a sin to plot some fun for your students? Soh what if they went a little 'off the grid', I applaud them on their not so linear thinking.

The teacher went off on a bit of a tangent here but I can see how they tried to integrate new learning concepts into the subject cos it can get boring sometimes I guess...

Perhaps the professor should give a secant thought to becoming an English major.

RedPillSucks 31

Perhaps the teacher can't differentiate between math and philosophy/english. The lesson plan is too asymptotic and needs to zero in on relevant math learning

pattheaninal 9

Wrong field of teaching I suppose..

I don't really agree with your name...

pheebs314 17

Well, they say everything ties back to math... Even music and art.

Well, that ALMOST just ruined music and art for me. Don't do that again, please.

Music is most certainly tied to Maths, due to the intervals and scalings and whatnot. It's really frustrating, I love music but hate Maths!

Why don't you educate yourself rather than spew an obviously understated and under thought declaration. Robert Moog was a physicist, engineer and entrepreneur; if he didn't invent the synthesizer hip hop might not exist today, MIDI instruments would be gone, bands like Trans Siberian Orc, Dragonforce, 3 Inches of Blood and any dubstep would also not exist. Many famous paintings have under drawings in which the artist calculated and mapped to "perfection." Also you'd have to be a fool to think Science had nothing to do with the art form or photography.

JAMSM 6

That should be a sin. But no, seriously... Don't be a square or obtuse, just do the assignment.