By xxteenhearts - 29/05/2009 00:13 - United States

Today, I seemingly misplaced my cell phone but didn't have time to look for it before work. This evening, my cell phone company calls me to tell me I have six hundred dollars worth of calls to El Salvador that I have to pay for. My cell phone was not misplaced, it was stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 106
You deserved it 4 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

muhoo 0

This happened to me too. I called and reported it stolen immediately, but Verizon still billed me anyway. I had automatic billing so they billed my credit card. I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charge. Then I cancelled the credit card. Verizon sucks, they are still sending me annoying lawyer letters demanding that I pay them the $500 for calls to El Salvador. Hah. I will never pay.

Sesh54 7

I'm from El Salvador ********

Comments

I went on a cruise that left out of Puerto Rico. the room attendent stole my phone and placed calls from Puerto Rico to her country (Dominican Republic I think). Not only did I have to pay long distance charges, but roaming charges as well

awsnapitsrachel 0

el salvador.... what a weird place.

it's not a werid place.. and op that sucks :/

Sesh54 7

I'm from El Salvador ********

jessenia123 27

I'm El salvadorian to? it's a nice country!

Olly_fml 3

Ouch! Hope you got the stolen part cleared up.

Ugh that sucks. But isn't there a way that you can completely cancel your service if you lose it or it gets stolen? Look on the brightside, someone was thoroughly enjoying your cellphone.

rice_cake 0

Sucks to be you. Some people can be so rude and selfish sometimes.

They called you that night? Couldn't you have explained that it'd been stolen? I know my service shuts off your phone if you report it stolen, and I think all calls made that day become void. I'm not too sure. I'd go in to whoever your provider is and try to explain the situation. I'm sorry if you really do have to pay that much. I wonder who was calling El Salvador.

Someone who has family in el salvador... Obviously

Erm.. Don't they have systems in place so that you don't have to pay?

Darth_Taco 14

Do you usually make phone calls to El Salvador? If not, then it should be pretty obvious that you phone was stolen. I hope your phone company is willing to work with you. Gook luck, and I'm sorry. That really sucks XP.

Yeah, he was pretty stupid to put a bag on his head and chase Leon with a chainsaw. XD

muhoo 0

This happened to me too. I called and reported it stolen immediately, but Verizon still billed me anyway. I had automatic billing so they billed my credit card. I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charge. Then I cancelled the credit card. Verizon sucks, they are still sending me annoying lawyer letters demanding that I pay them the $500 for calls to El Salvador. Hah. I will never pay.

Jechtael 10

Oh, man, I had a similar problem. Verizon is the best network I've ever had for cell phone service but the worst network I've ever had for customer service. My dad put my name on his cell phone contract as a family member, a minor, and when he died they sent me his outstanding bill. Unless I become a nameless extension on someone else's contract, I can never activate a new cellular connection on my now-"wi-fi only" mobile.

you need to keep better track of your personal belongings. my cell phone is in my hand/pocket at ALL TIMES!!