By LittleGina - 07/01/2016 17:42 - United States - Asheboro

Today, I saw an elderly woman drop $20 while shopping. Trying to be a good samaritan, I picked it up and tried to hand it back to her. She accused me of stealing it and beat me with her purse. The manager had to fend her off me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 082
You deserved it 1 562

LittleGina tells us more.

OP Here: Hello, let me answer some questions I am seeing and straighten things up a bit. 1. I don't work here, I was a customer, therefore, it was not my manager, just the store's manager. 2. The elderly lady had not seen me walk up to her, I was unable to explain anything before I was being beaten with a purse and called a thief. So, I guess she saw me at the corner of her eye holding a $20 before any words came out of my mouth. I may just simply be giving her excuses, but I honestly think that's what happened. 3. The solution was that she was escorted out immediately, but she did get her $20 back. 4. Will she ever know the real story? I don't know, and frankly I don't care. 5. Don't worry, I still have good intentions, she didn't mess anything up!

Top comments

Aww. Atleast you were right in your intentions OP. :)

Comments

press charges on her... she will learn to not be such a bitch to everyone

Not all elderly women are the kind women that bake cookies

Good job OP, great to hear about your good deed.No worries OP, don't let her actions speak for all. Keep doing what you are doing. :)

Aww. Atleast you were right in your intentions OP. :)

Karma is a bitch though--keep that in mind. And good things happen to good people so just wait and see what happens!

Karma is the cosmic force that is believed to weigh one's soul after death to determine which form it will take next. Every bit of comeuppance and reward isn't Karma for the same reason every shower you take isn't a baptizing.

I'm trying of something clever to comment. Got nothing. :(

Karma sucks--keep that in mind. And it's so hard to be nice these days! Good luck op :)

mds9986 24

Hopefully the $20 will come in handy for her when she gets charged with assault?

Well yeah because people definitely steal stuff and then try to give it back. That makes PERFECT sense.

#10 THANK YOU! I'm just sitting here like "Doesn't giving something back to someone defeat the whole idea of 'stealing'?"

StephanieMarie7 5