This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Moosie - 01/06/2017 13:53

Today, I have a crush on my 22-year-old coworker. A really bad one. I'm 59. How did this happen? FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 982
You deserved it 2 169

Moosie11 tells us more.

Moosie11 17

How great it was to read ( most ) of the responses. Because of the situation I can't tell anyone but really needed some feedback. Glad I remembered this site, I was going nuts.

Top comments

It's legal. These things happen. As always with these FML's more information is always needed when it comes to making an informed comment :) I've had the opposite for the last few years. Fancying a much older women. You never know who you're going to crush on I guess.

sexualchoclate 3

Comments

damo123 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
sexualchoclate 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Moosie11 17

HE is very cute and mature. I'm female and married. I'm very confused by it all.

Denny1988 19

hey you are married, just keep it as a fantasy, and use it when you have sex with your husband. Maybe ********** before you go to work to ease your sexual tension

OP is a woman (of course she can be lesbian, but who knows)

Is this really so bad just because of the age difference ? The coworker in question is of a legal age and if he/she mutually likes you back, I don't see what's wrong with it. However, if his or her feelings are not mutual, it would definitely be best to move on with your life and see your crush as just that: a crush.

It's legal. These things happen. As always with these FML's more information is always needed when it comes to making an informed comment :) I've had the opposite for the last few years. Fancying a much older women. You never know who you're going to crush on I guess.

Moosie11 17
cheshireau 26

Thank you for having a lovely, understanding comment instead of calling OP names.

Males of any virile age are attracted to young, healthy bodies of childbearing age. Most of the time, acting on those attractions is unwelcome. Nothing wrong with the crush, but don't ruin your work relationships.

Moosie11 17

Nope I'm female and uterus-less. He's the babe!!!

Randomness911 12

While i dont know how it happened, it sounds like you need to watch the movie "Hello My Name is Doris" cuz that's basically the plot. Good luck op, age is only a number.

funkyfunguy 10
mariri9206 32

And you should learn how to read OP's gender.

Garnetshaddow 30

A crush is a crush. I suppose enjoy the emotions while you have them... privately. If this person shows the slightest bit of interest in you, (real interest, not little signs you hope are interest!) you need to be the strong one. Turn them down gently. If you do act on this, PLEASE follow the campsite rule and exercise all cautions to keep you both mentally healthy.

Garnetshaddow 30

The "campsite rule" is a general guide for couples with a significant age gap. Particularly if the younger partner is in their first serious relationship or is otherwise inexperienced. Basically, be up front with the fact that this relationship is almost certainly not going to work out. Don't tease them with high hopes. Treat your partner well. Be gentle when it has to end. Leave your partner in just as good, or better shape than when you found them. Like a campsite : )

Nothing's illegal here. Why does she need to turn him down?