By broke - 22/05/2017 14:00

Today, I got better sleep in my 30-year-old compact car with it being 40 degrees outside than I did in my bed. Got something to look forward to, as I'll be homeless soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 431
You deserved it 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Eashy 16

This needs a bit of a follow up, but if your situation is that bad, you could see if you can stay with a friend or your parents for the time being.

And if you find tastier food in the dumpster than you make at home, this whole homeless thing could be coming up roses for you!

Comments

Eashy 16

This needs a bit of a follow up, but if your situation is that bad, you could see if you can stay with a friend or your parents for the time being.

Damn. I hope you get back up on your feet really quickly, OP. Best of luck.

And if you find tastier food in the dumpster than you make at home, this whole homeless thing could be coming up roses for you!

40 degrees what? It's either really hot or near freezing. Anyway, sorry OP that you are in this situation, hot or cold.

chessu 21

Follow up! Why is sleeping in your own bed that awful? And why are you losing your accommodation? Why did you sleep in the car in the first place?

Well, my mom always said, "You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house to work." I guess as long as you can find somewhere out of the way to park and come up with a way to sanitarily do your bathroom business, you'll be good for over night stuff- just make sure to park where you won't be found because some places have laws against sleeping in your car, even if it's off. Forested areas would give good coverage and allow for a dug latrine, but you risk ticks and other potentially disease carrying bugs. Abandoned lots are mostly big free and are also closer to buildings, some of which may have bathrooms, but you're more likely to be spotted. And staying somewhere with coverage is a good idea year round- during summer it could get too hot and kill you, during winter it could get too cold and do likewise. Testing air quality with all windows and vents closed is also a good idea, so you can determine if you need to have window cracked. If they aren't an arm an a leg where you live, a gym membership will take care of showering needs, and could even be used to wash clothes in a pinch, especially if they have a pool, because they would probably have one of the swimsuit spin dryers. If you can find them, food banks should take care of food needs, hopefully. That mostly leaves hygiene products like toilet paper, toothbrushes, and feminine products if you need them. Gas would be important too.