By Sharkie49 - 26/03/2012 22:33 - United States - Oceanside

Today, I paid top dollar for an Italian soda that ended up consisting almost entirely of ice. When I complained, the girl insisted that the soda water stopped the ice from melting. She said she didn't see what the problem was, and threatened to have me thrown out if I didn't "simmer down." FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 653
You deserved it 5 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

siriusly96 8
asoptavlo14 6

^^ Which he's never had before... Don't try and be a smartass.

Comments

siriusly96 8
asoptavlo14 6

And shaken, but not stirred.

I've found that several places that offer Italian sodas will add ice even when you tell them not to.

I_Hug_Cats 26

I think "the girl" thought OP ordered ice instead of the soda.

I've never tried Italian soda before... How's it taste?

asoptavlo14 6

^^ Which he's never had before... Don't try and be a smartass.

mrpipp 0

29, you're like 5 years old. Why are you even here? Get. GET.

Ask that girl if she sees any ICE on the damn menu. Yeah, that'll shut her up

asoptavlo14 6

Sorry I'm not as old as you are Bob Marley.

I've tried Italian coke at the coke store as part of a around the world coke sampler in Vegas and it taste horrible :3

It's basically a customized soda. Where I'm from it's club soda with flavored syrup that's usually fruity and generally has whip on top. It's very good if made right and without too much ice.

rachrocks101 0

SUCKS. But hey, dont complain about water! When the world runs out, you'll be to blame.

skyttlz 32

Italian soda are great :3 especially the orange one tastes like a creamsicle :)

#66, I think you need to re-visit the water cycle.

No #66 you should be worried about running out of oil... Not water.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Beat me to it 89. Over 90% of the worlds water is salinated, and therefore undrinkable unless you remove the salt. Machines can do this... But the machines are rare and expensive. The worlds fresh water and aquifer levers ARE declining at an alarming rare so we could realistically run out of drinkable water in the next decade.

Always order without ice. Ice is meant to keep things cold, the soda is refrigerated so it's already cold, and places just put ice in their so you get less soda but pay for more than you think youre really getting

burninnapalm 5

119- that and it waters down the soda. It's cold. Only thing I will get ice in is sweet tea, or water.

Did you guys really just argue on here? Cool...

nofearjenshere 12

"The inner mechanisms of my mind are an enigma..." *milk spills* - Patrick Star

IAdminIFlow 0

starbucks does that too. fricken starbucks...

OP probably went to the old spaghetti factory. they did that when I ordered Italian cream soda.

I'm with you Jessica Black, I'm a Starbucks hater!

one does not simply hate Starbucks... I am neutral about it

Excuse me waitress there is soda in my ice

TheElderTROLLZ 15

Am I the only person that would eat the ice?

I personally also eat the ice :) if you look really closely at the waiter/waitress' face, when you ask for no ice they almost look annoyed, it annoys me when you order a pint of coke and more than half is ice!

ajsciri4 0

There's an Italian drink called a "granita" and it's SUPPOSED to consist of almost all ice. Know what you're ordering before you complain.

Tell her your blood pressure is about as high as the ice...

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Reminds me of the movie Anger management. "calm down" "I AM CALM!"

Is anyone else a little suspicious about the fact that this fml might be a little biased? OP had to do more than just ask what's up with his drink to get threatened to be thrown out. He has good reasons to be pissed, but I'm sure more was said to the employee on his part.

Not necessarily. I've been in several situations where I overhear a customer asking very calmly about something (be it a request/complaint/etc) and the employee gets affronted and threatens to throw them out if they don't stop shouting (which they weren't doing.) Customer is not always right, but neither is the employee.

You should of told her that her birth was a problem to this planet. Damn stupid people -_-...

should have* The irony here is simply overwhelming.

The ice should help you "simmer down" it's all goooood

The waitress said the was soda for the ice? I thought the ice was supposed to be for the soda

Lol.your prof.pic goes with the comment.

Blacksabbath211 9

This comment is so much funnier based on your profile picture xD

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually its not "just a drink", its just ice.

I accidentally thumbed you up. Please take another thumbs down into account. I wouldn't want your tiny ego to grow when you realised that I thumbed you up when everyone thumbed you down.

Is alright I fixed it. No +16 for you.

FlamingTacos 7

First gas prices and now ice? What has this world come to?