By Anonymous - 10/12/2017 14:00 - United Kingdom - Bolton

Today, I narrowly avoided shooting myself in the foot with a nail gun. I considered myself the luckiest guy ever, until I stepped on a plank with another nail sticking out of it, which went right through my foot. Oh well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 191
You deserved it 796

Top comments

Just when you think you're safe, that's when they get you. Crafty little *******, those nails.

As far as deceiving others into believing you can work safely, you did shoot yourself in the foot. Whether it was literally or figuratively (or both), you got nailed!

Comments

ViviMage 38

Remember your steel toed boots, kids!

Hi dummies! Steel-toes only protect the TOES, not the soles and the top of the foot. I know, I wear them to work. They wouldn't protect from a nail sticking from a plank.

Steeltoed boots are also the most common kind of boot you wear for construction. In fact I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you wear for construction. So some people are gonna assume they magically protect from everything.

I mean, I could've said some people are stupid enough to believe steeltoed boots protect the entire foot, but that would've been rude. Oh wait...

Burle 17

YDI, should have been wearing proper work boots

Based on the previous comments, I might be a tad off but I've never seen a nailgun that you could shoot yourself with by accident. Normally they require contact with some kind of material before you can shoot the nail out.

PhantomCrevan 8

From my experience with carpenters the first thing they do when they get a nail gun is disable that function.

Your first mistake was, you disabled the safety feature of the nailgun, which should not have happened if your health & safety officer did their job. Your second mistake was not to be aware of your surroundings. I'm assuming you work on a construction site of some sort, so not being aware of what might kill you is dangerous. You are, indeed, very lucky to still be alive if this is how you treat safety regulations

Look at the bright side. Think of all the other places you don't have a nail sticking out of! (You know, trying to think positive can be depressing sometimes). My catch all for when something obnoxious happens to me (or when _I_ happen to me, is to say I had a "character building experience". Hope your foot feels better. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll nail it next time.

You literally have to press the gun against the object you're trying to nail. How did you narrowly escape not pressing the gun against your foot and pulling the trigger??

If you'd paid more attention to the Final Destination series, you would've known this might happen.