By Jetlagged - 03/06/2017 22:00

Today, I'm stuck at the airport overnight, because my phone didn't update its time zone after flying in, so I watched my train leave, thinking mine wasn't due for another hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 500
You deserved it 1 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

don't they have clocks or some way to tell the local time there at the airport? it's kind of common sense

All flight screens have the time on it, and all announcements regarding flights and trains should've been a clue. Always double check. I personally wear a watch so I can compare the time with my phone.

Comments

don't they have clocks or some way to tell the local time there at the airport? it's kind of common sense

Justine Malang 16

Let me guess... Android? Ahahaha I'm gonna start a phone war here.

even if it was android phones usually tell you what city youre in so still ops fault

All flight screens have the time on it, and all announcements regarding flights and trains should've been a clue. Always double check. I personally wear a watch so I can compare the time with my phone.

thatslifeiguess7 16

just wondering during said trip were you not aware of the time zone change? was it just a layover? Otherwise your fault for not checking

If not, watch the news to check the time or check online to make sure you are in the right time zone.

Train stations have clocks all over the place. You think they'd offset all of them by an hour just to screw with you?

It's understandable that (I'm assuming) after becoming used to your phone switching times, you think you can trust it. You have a problem when you rely on your ohone solely and never checked a schedule or anything, not even once.

Did anybody else notice the op said they were at the airport and watched their train leave.... I thought airports and train stations were two different things... But also they have clocks everywhere in both.

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that some airports are connected with a rail system to reach them?

How did you watch a train leave at an airport?

This is why you double check that your phone changed when you land. YDI for not having common sense.

pdelapuente92 11

wait...an airport that is also a train station! Whoa! so first world!