By Anonymous - 12/06/2017 02:00

Today, I learned there are people who will beat you up if you don't give them your spot on a bench. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 560
You deserved it 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sheldon may look scrawny but he's a wolverine if you take his spot. Bazinga!

Assuming the person isn't elderly, disabled, or pregnant, OP is perfectly entitled to not giving up their seat.

Comments

The quickest way to get your spot back: flattery. "Wow, it's hard to believe that a peak physical performer like you would even /need/ a bench! A lowly weakling like me could really use a place to sit, especially after such a thorough ass-kicking!" Works every time! Uh, I'd imagine…

Sheldon may look scrawny but he's a wolverine if you take his spot. Bazinga!

Did you refuse to give it up? Then you also seem to be one of those people who will fight for "their" spot.

Assuming the person isn't elderly, disabled, or pregnant, OP is perfectly entitled to not giving up their seat.

of course, but if you challenge a bully you are making a choice to risk a fight

(fyi replying to replies doesn't work, you have to reply to the original comment) There's nothing in this FML to suggest that OP was bullied in any way beforehand. And even if the person did threaten them, it's not like anyone would be expected to follow through with such a threat.