By And yes, he does also believe in the Illuminati. - 11/06/2017 22:00

Today, I learned that my new boyfriend seriously thinks that Inglorious Bastards is historically accurate and is actually the secret history of World War 2 being revealed to the public. Nothing I say will make him change his mind. I guess that relationship is a goner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 098
You deserved it 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seems legit. Show him the Leonardo Di Caprio documentary about "Titanic".

Does he think that Abraham Lincoln was actually a vampire hunter as well?

Comments

Seems legit. Show him the Leonardo Di Caprio documentary about "Titanic".

The fact they spelled it "Basterds" should be a clue that fact-checking was not a priority. Just take your boyfriend to the edge of the flat earth and push him off into the arms of Bigfoot and the Kraken.

Does he think that Abraham Lincoln was actually a vampire hunter as well?

Wait till he finds out that a couple of space cowboys saved earth from Armageddon by blowing up an asteroid.

What are you talking about? We all know Bruce Willis did that!

I don't know man. He failed to give his "Yippee-Kay-yay ************" speech. That's the only way I know it's legit.

You're dumping him because he has a belief that happens to not be true? I think there are bigger problems in your relationship

She's considering dumping him because he's an idiot who can't tell fact from fiction.

Yep. There's ignorance, and then there's just plain stupidity.

mariri9206 32

So? Why is it so wrong to believe in something? I agree with Commandokid - there's something else wrong with your relationship. I hope you do break up with him because he deserves better, deserves someone who will support him and his beliefs, instead of knocking them down, thinking they're stupid or ridiculous, and making him feel silly for having different beliefs than you, which based on how you tired to tell him differently and are so ready to end the relationship, I'm guessing that's how you treated him.

mariri9206 32

Breaking up with someone for not having a grasp on reality is a perfectly acceptable reason. Breaking up with someone who has different beliefs (religion) is also a perfectly valid reason. We are not required to support, believe, or condone anyone else's b.s. Own it and accept the consequences.

mariri9206 32

You don't have to belief in it but you can support them. Relationships are about support, you know, and tend to not do well when there's a lack of it.

Tyguy3000 9

If so why date that person if you know they are like that to begin with.

WeirdUS 29

Agreed this not sure if the two comments above are serious or joking kind a hard to tell but it's perfectly reasonable to break up with someone not having a grasp on reality knew someone that was in 9/11 truther she ended up being nuts.

it's a Tarantino film not a belief you ******* dongle

I agree with mariri90whatever. I believe that Toy Story is a true story, but nobody takes me seriously. I deserve to have my beliefs taken seriously, they're just as valid as any others ffs! Am I right?

If you ever need to breakup with him, just say you're a lizard person who's research into him is over.

Show him a history book, tell him to educate himself

Y'all, it is a mostly true story. While it ended much differently, there was a group of Jewish men in the US army who really pulled many stunts similar to what was shown in the movie. While you should read books, The American Heroes Channel has great documentaries about wars in the past with actual footage and interviews with participants. Having seen Inglorious Basterds earlier, I had no idea it was partially based on a true story until I saw a show on AHC. After that, more research was necessary on my part.

One wrong belief is apparently a deal breaker. While I do agree it's ridiculous, I'm sure everyone believes at least one thing that isn't true and will defend it vehemently.

Nah, everyone is perfectly grounded and aware of everything, like how global warming is acually a ploy by the chinese, and how vaccines can cause autism, cancer, and alien abduction. And lets not forgot the biggest fact of them all; how the earth is clearly flat, and nasa is working with the government to cover it up so nobody tries to get past the giant wall that surronds the end of earth. People all around the globe agree with that last one.