By Anonymous - 23/02/2011 16:04 - United States

Today, I had to spend all of my money on textbooks even though my refrigerator is empty. Starving and frustrated, I called home to ask for money for groceries. My mom told me I could afford to skip a few meals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 563
You deserved it 5 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FajitaFreak 3

Your mom and dad brought you into this world. I don't understand the mentality that they don't owe you anything. Yes, you are sentient and capable of taking care of yourself most of the time, but everyone needs help now and again. You would not exist if not for your parents, which is a good thing when things are good in life, but ******* horrible when things go wrong. I've been homeless and starving and without hope. It's not something I'd wish on my worse enemy.

Comments

No it's not evil, it's the only way to get OP to go on a diet. OP is obviously obese and too lazy to get a job.

OP lives in the US so there is a greater than 50% chance she is obese and could probably do with skipping a few meals.

There's a big difference between using a sensible combination of diet and exercise to lose weight in a controlled and healthy manner, and stopping eating altogether.

2010smhill2010 0

hey even if thats tru... DONT ****** BAD MOUTH AMERICA...

skipping meals slows the metabolism and ultimately does nothing re long term weight loss.

sephoraprincess 7

if you go to mcdonalds, there's a 20 piece mcnugget for less than $5 :)

Is there any proof that op is obese, no. is there any proof that op doesnt have a job, no. did you even consider the possibility that op has a job and dosent get paid until another to weeks; obviously not. the only proof there is is that op's mom was bing bitchy.

driver53 0
EmilyGheen 0

Wow sorry but go to McDonalds they have $1 menus.

Me and my friend made up the college lifestyle...shower and amenities at the college then you stay in the warm library, then recycle cans and stuff to pay for food and you get it cheap at a whole food store And you sleep in a dorm or a car lol

shakethat 10

well why did you move out if you can't afford it. ramen noodles are about .10 cents. borrow $1 and get over it.

why would not haveing moved out have made a difrence? a responsible parrent( as well as sane) would charge rent to let a child older than 18 live at home.

nowIshallrise 0

That's just cruel that your mom knows you have an empty fridge and still won't help you ):

Not really. If the OP is in college, then the OP is an adult. Though mommy dearest should have been nicer about it, she is under no obligation to help. Besides, mom may not be too well off, either. I've been hurting for money ever since I started college nearly seven years ago (I'm in grad school now) and I've never once asked my mom for help with bills or groceries. She would probably give it, too. But, it's my problem not her's. I'm an adult and I need to take care of myself.

FajitaFreak 3

Your mom and dad brought you into this world. I don't understand the mentality that they don't owe you anything. Yes, you are sentient and capable of taking care of yourself most of the time, but everyone needs help now and again. You would not exist if not for your parents, which is a good thing when things are good in life, but ******* horrible when things go wrong. I've been homeless and starving and without hope. It's not something I'd wish on my worse enemy.

that's not very nice, maybe you could get a few food stamps to get you through? or just call someone else in your family who would care?

Here's an idea. Get a job. I worked 20 hours a week while taking 18 hours of classes. It's possible.

And eat Ramen. Can feed yourself for a whole week for less than $5 in a pinch.

Acturally Ramen lack proteine and is not even close to healthy if you eat it daily and without any meat or other, and who knows, maybe she have a job, or trying to get one, it is hard to get these days nonatter where well.. either way her mother was rude and coldhearted saying such a horrible thing.

I never claimed it was healthy. But given the choice between that and starving...

YEAH GET A JOB YOU LAZY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LOL IT'S SO EASY TO JUST GET A JOB NUB. Also, ramen is a poor choice. The only thing ramen will do for you is dull that pain of hunger deep inside your gut.

to be a scientist you failed so hard. did you forget to contribute the facts that we are in A RECESSION, it might even be a damn depression its been here for so long.

Someone failed to get the obvious sarcasm.

randiZ25 0

I think it's funny too.. dnt give your mom any reason to deny you food???

you call the op fat but your pic and username is involving ******* tacos. are you serious !?!?!

brantman 0

best bet is to ask some friends if they'll help u out

Acturally not, maybe some could need to eat some healthier, but it is not and will never be healthy to skip meals or starve, never. if she is chubby then exercise or healthier food is the only answer...

Starving actually makes you more likely to put the weight back on. Eating healthily is better but hard to do when you can't afford healthy food.