By ringrash - 14/01/2016 06:17 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I finally went to the doctor's office to have a small patch of acne on my stomach looked at. Since it was in an almost perfect circle and abnormally sensitive, I was worried it could be ringworm or some other sort of skin infection. It turned out to be an infection alright. Herpes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 021
You deserved it 4 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you know now before it does any permanent damage

dman798 18

Better on your stomach than somewhere else

Comments

Ouch, that sucks. At least you should be happy it's not going to kill you.

At least you know now before it does any permanent damage

...You know that herpes is permanent no matter when you diagnose it, right?

herpes is permanent, if it is sexual, it can only be controle not eradicated, but it is easily confused

Even if it's not sexual, it can be controlled by medication.

@43 it can cause all kinds of lasting harm! It can kill infants and anyone with an autoimmune disease. If it gets in your eyes you can go blind. . . the list goes on. One in three people have it or carry it and most dont ever know.

mainly because it's so mild or symptoms never show up

there are a ton of different strains of the herpes virus, most of them are just a minor annoyance like cold sores or chicken pox unless they get somewhere they generally aren't supposed to be able to get to.

Take comfort in the fact thats its treatable and isn't life changing as some STDs can be

It's an odd one, because most people who get this form of herpes get it through contact sports like wrestling, so it's not really an STD. Assuming it is Herpes gladiatorum that OP has.

Herpes Gladitorum is usually on the back, shoulders or such, rather than stomach. (As someone who is unlucky enough to get it).

Treatable, but that shit doesn't go away

Given the circle bit I'm guessing Herpes Zoster (chicken pox)... OP has shingles, I got them around my shoulder when I was 21.. Isn't the most fun. Hope you caught it early OP

My brother got them on his stomach first. Sounded exactly the same as OP. I guess it depends on what OP has been up to lately.

snarkytruth 37

Having it forever is pretty life changing! Having to tell all future partners about it and knowing a lot will reject them for it is pretty life changing! When any stress can cause an outbreak that's pretty life changing! It can easily spread to eyes mouth or genitalia if not very careful um that's pretty life changing! Having to take medicine for every outbreak for the rest of their life, insurance rates going up and from now on having a pre existing condition that's pretty life changing! People can be nasty and spread rumors true or otherwise hurting OPs reputation and self esteem that can possibly be life changing! Treatable but not curable- that's some scary stuff. That's an official FYL if I ever heard one. Hope it was herpes zoster OP it's still very painful and dangerous as an adult but better than the herpes we normally think of. Sorry you gotta deal with that it must suck.

dman798 18

Better on your stomach than somewhere else

Yeah OP, be glad you know instead of possibly passing it on to other people as well, and it is treatable

on your stomach? that's a weird place OP haha, at least it's not something worse

Jeez, sorry to hear that, hope you can kind of control it

OP at least you found out before you have it to your gf or bf. I hope you can get it treated well.