By Knottywoman - 03/09/2017 23:15

Today, I dreamt my fiancé was rolling frozen potatoes onto my bed to wake me up. In reality I woke up screaming to intense cramps in my legs which almost reduced me to tears. I could barely walk for two hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 222
You deserved it 237

Same thing different taste

Top comments

writergirl1029 17

You may have a potassium or magnesium deficiency, so get that tested and see if your doctor wants to put you on supplements to get you back up to normal and make sure there isn't an underlying cause besides nutrition. If it happens again, avoid stretching your leg away from you and instead stretch your ankle and toe upward slowly. I had a terrible Charly horse a few months ago in my right leg that wouldn't go away for ten minutes (I didn't know how to stretch it) and i couldn't walk for a few hours and I was sore for a week. I can't imagine how both legs would have felt!

ashily24 12

Waking up like that doesn't sound very a-peeling to wake up to. Sorry OP. :(

Comments

writergirl1029 17

You may have a potassium or magnesium deficiency, so get that tested and see if your doctor wants to put you on supplements to get you back up to normal and make sure there isn't an underlying cause besides nutrition. If it happens again, avoid stretching your leg away from you and instead stretch your ankle and toe upward slowly. I had a terrible Charly horse a few months ago in my right leg that wouldn't go away for ten minutes (I didn't know how to stretch it) and i couldn't walk for a few hours and I was sore for a week. I can't imagine how both legs would have felt!

samomaha 17

Writergurl is giving you good advice. She knows her stuff! One thing I would add is increase the amount of water you drink daily. And when this happens, get your spouse/family/room mate to bring you a large glass of water. Like 24 or 32 ounces. It will help alleviate the cramping within seconds.

ashily24 12

Waking up like that doesn't sound very a-peeling to wake up to. Sorry OP. :(

ashily24 12

Of course I mess up the comment! ugh.

Lobby_Bee 17

Still gave me a good chuckle. COL!

Check your freezer! See if the potatoes show signs of thawing and refreshing. Your fiancé sounds like a crafty one.

*refreezing Quit trying to outsmart me, Autocorrect!

ashily24 12

I failed at my comment, as well. lol.

It’s too bad the edit function seems to have broken.

ashily24 12

I was wondering what happened to It. I kept clicking on my comment like, "Wait. I can do betttterrr." lol

babygirlberger 2

I have PCOS and the worst I've ever had was me writhing in pain for 6 hours before I passed out. It sucks, and sorry you're going through it.

onceuponatime456 16

This does sound confusing, however, if you are having leg cramps add potassium and magnesium to your diet. A banana will give you potassium, you can buy pills for the magnesium.

Could be magnesium or potassium deficiency. It could also be a muscle injury if you've overstressed your legs recently. The worst case scenario I can think of is that you are having cardiovascular problems with your legs, and are at risk of a blood clot. Make an appointment with your doctor to get labs drawn to cross the first two out, and see if they think you need to see a cardiovascular specialist, or are they willing to risk evaluate you themself.