By Anonymous - 31/05/2017 21:00 - Ecuador

Today, I decided to break up with my boyfriend of three months. I only wish I had known that his father had died just a few hours earlier that morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 555
You deserved it 849

Top comments

It's a fairly safe bet that you've help ensure that every day of his life from now on will be at least a little bit better than this day, so he has that to look forward to.

That's bad timing, but better than breaking up with him knowing his dad had just died. Or pretending to want to be with him while he's grieving only to break his heart later when he's finally getting over his grief.

Comments

Justine Malang 16

Ouch! Talk about a bad year for him. As long as you didn't break up with him because of how he is for the past hours, don't feel too bad.

A simple, 'How are you?' takes care of a lot

It's a fairly safe bet that you've help ensure that every day of his life from now on will be at least a little bit better than this day, so he has that to look forward to.

ezrajab 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

nothing here implies that was a good relationship

Do you know these people personally? If not, what the hell are you talking about?

wcbcrs 3

they were only together 3 month, Op probably realized this guy isn't for me. Personallu I've stayed in relationships longer that were awful; and left relationships sooner because I felt no connection after a month and a half or so. If Op is leaving so soon they could probably tell there isn't enough there for a good relationship.

Oh, geez. That is some unfortunately bad timing. F his life as well.

That's bad timing, but better than breaking up with him knowing his dad had just died. Or pretending to want to be with him while he's grieving only to break his heart later when he's finally getting over his grief.

It's a rotten bit of timing, OP. That said, how long would have guilted yourself into staying with him had you known? Until he felt better? How long would that have taken? A week? 6 months? A year? You'll inevitably feel bad about the timing, but at the same time, you felt the relationship had to end, and I don't think you should feel bad about that to be perfectly honest. Also, may his father rest in paradise.

what a day that dude was having, I don't know what I would've done at that point in life, drink or drink a lot

ArbiterOfFML 24
AletheDefender 15