By dining - 01/09/2014 01:56 - United States - Grinnell

Today, at my dining job, my boss told me the food was "technically illegal to serve," air quotes and all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 000
You deserved it 2 929

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Where do you work again? You know....for "future reference"..

Comments

Misswildsides 22

Time to "technically quit working" there.

blackbeltpsycho 16

What if OP "technically needs the money"?

Op "technically does't need a lawsuit."

Kyle1dc 17

OP should "technically call the health inspector."

I think it's time to start looking for another job.

OP won't be able to make money if they're in a jail cell.

They wouldn't arrest op for making the food if they're like a waiter or something. Considering op didn't know how badly it was made, they probably didn't make it.

RedPillSucks 31

No but better to have something ready for when the place gets shut down.

They probably wouldn't arrest OP considering they didn't make the food. But now that OP knows they are an accessory. They may not be arrested for it but I wouldn't want to have to explain to an officer that I knew and didn't do anything about it. Especially considering someone could get really sick (or possibility die) from eating the food.

Daniel589 7

Or at least find a job where the boss isn't a dick

#39 they can be used to address someone you don't know the gender of. You can't just assume it's a male all of the time.

You may want to look for a new place of employment.

drayloon 50

"Technically" you should be considerate of the customers' health and warn them. And find a better job

Where do you work again? You know....for "future reference"..

Corvo_Attano_4 12

You might want to quit before the police crack down on the diner

Every restaurant is supposed to have a ServeSafe manager to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. I assume there isn't one there so you should probably alert someone about that. You may be out of a job but it's better than being a part of something that's potentially harmful to customers

All restaurant managers are supposed to be ServSafe certified. In this case, this person knows better than to serve unsafe foods to customers and is making the decision to continue doing it. OP needs to report it to the health department. That place sounds like it's one case of food poisoning away from getting investigated/shut down anyway.

What should happen and what does are two vastly different things.

RedPillSucks 31

Don't these places get inspected yearly to earn their letter grade?

PerditaDessa 38

If the food was actually illegal to serve and your boss had a brain I doubt he'd go about telling employes. More than likely he was joking.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

That's true! I wonder if he really was joking...or if he's just stupid.