This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Loner Bride - 12/10/2017 10:36 - Australia - Brunswick East

Today, as part of my wedding planning, I actually had to read several articles on topics like "How to fake a hen's night", "Can you do a bridal shower alone?", and "Your wedding can still be fun even if you have no friends". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 347
You deserved it 326

Top comments

Hey, seems like I am close by to you! Hit me uo if you're looking for a crowd filler. I had the same problem for my wedding last year, and didnt even have a baby shower because i was humiliated... happy to lend a hand ?

Hopefully, you have one friend: your fiancé.

Comments

Hopefully, you have one friend: your fiancé.

This is why I like the idea of getting married at City Hall. You don't need bridesmaids or groomsmen, and it's completely legal.

I got married with 6 people in attendence. My parents, and a few of my hubby's coworkers. We were going to do it at City Hall, but we found a beautiful dock on the beach/lake. Regardless, wouldn't change that day for anything. it was stress free, and amazing.

That's what my wife and I did. $60 and we were wed.

BioticBibwit 4

I had the same issues with my wedding. To get around it, I chose to just have a very small wedding where I only invited family. My fiancé then invited my friends of his that I get along with really well, and some of his family. For the bridal shower, I had a small luncheon with my mom, some of her friends and some other female family members. If you're close with any family, just include them in more things! If not, at least you have your fiancé. You can always just look into elopement packages as well

Hey, seems like I am close by to you! Hit me uo if you're looking for a crowd filler. I had the same problem for my wedding last year, and didnt even have a baby shower because i was humiliated... happy to lend a hand ?

That's sort of the nicest thing I've seen anyone offering on this site. Thanks, random stranger!

that is really nice of you :). Even I am in the same situation and it means so much that you are offering support.

I’m also in Melbourne if you want another internet stranger for company :)

Join the boys if you're not totally put off by what they're doing.

I'm getting married in three weeks, and have only my family attending. I've never been good at making friends, and moved quite a lot so that didn't help either. I'm close to my family though and for "hen's night" I'll have a couple drinks with female relatives, bridal showers are not done where I live anyway (you're already organizing a wedding, so what's the point?) Don't sweat it. Usually, all I hear about those women who have fifteen other women to flock around them, it's just drama and tears anyway - one of them didn't do enough, one of them did too much and tried to pry away all the attention, another one had a jealous hissy fit over one thing or the other... Hopefully your future spouse is your friend too, as mine is, in that case you'll get to spend the best day of your life with your best friend. Not having a horde of acquaintances to parade around is not a flaw of character, relax and enjoy your day instead of letting some stupid customs get you down.

Lobby_Bee 17

I can be, the following. Crowd filler - $50, Friend - $75, Good friend - $100, Best friend - $150, Bridesmaid - $250.

Actually, I found this funny. I hope that is what you meant.

Why do you need a hens night or bridal shower? Do you want them or do you feel like you have to? Don't worry about impressing people, they're mostly just showing up to party. You could have a small intimate ceremony and have more money to spend on a honeymoon together.

For whose benefit are you faking a hen's night if you have no friends?