By skrillexblewme - 02/08/2012 16:30 - United States

Today, as I sat down in the plane, I realized that for the next seven hours I would be sitting next to a priest who refused to stop praying aloud, and an old man who wanted to tell me the story of how the toothpick came to be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 033
You deserved it 2 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bonzer 2

Maybe you'll learn something new about toothpicks. I have no idea about their story and I would like to know.

LappDance 16

I hope you brought headphones!

Comments

Bonzer 2

Maybe you'll learn something new about toothpicks. I have no idea about their story and I would like to know.

I rather have a peaceful flight than listen to someone pray out aloud and tell me about toothpicks against my will.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#8 - I think most people would rather have a peaceful flight. :P OP - Ask the priest to quite down, and politely tell the old man you're tired and that you need some sleep. I'm sure if they aren't lunatics, they will understand. If not, hopefully you brought headphones!

Or just start making farting noises and loud burps.. They'll leave you alone... As will the whole plane... :)

iiAntheA17 7

It's funny how everyone is telling OP to do this, and do that. But the flight is most likely done with...

So a preist and an old man walk onto a plane...

I'm with #1; I wanna hear the story. Also, prayer doesn't bother me, because I'm not some idiot who hates religion. (Yeah, I said that.) Why do you hate meeting new people, OP?

Trisha_aus 15

Was Skrillex also on the plane, and you happened to see him go to the toilet and followed? Just wondering how he found time to blow you..

tjv3 10

Well at least you weren't bored.

I'm not sure what the problem is, you get to learn the history of the toothpick AND get protection through association with a priest!

PeeNaught 3

Haha, @1 no kidding right, I love old people and their stories...it's like the history channel on audio, and never complain about praying out loud or not, you never know why someone is praying...for all you know he was going thru a major tragedy or on his way to a funeral or something...just saying.

At least you know where toothpicks came from.

jessicircle 16

I find the history of toothpicks VERY interesting.. but I rather hear stories about how sculptures made out of toothpicks came to be. Try to ignore, OP.

I'm not too interested in toothpicks. But if it was bacon, however...

I'm pretty sure the toothpick was invented when thousands of years ago, a monkey used a stick to get food out from between his teeth.

If only OP's airplane had TVs on the back of their seats like some planes do. That would make it easy for OP to ignore them both.

FMLshark 12

I'm pretty sure the last man to try to tell me the story of how toothpicks came to be was Buzz Killington.

Michael_92 20

I know! A bacon toothpick! It will change the world forever!

XxH3AV3NLYxX 3
LappDance 16

I hope you brought headphones!

the noise-canceling ones, in particular

Most airplanes I've ever been on give you some

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Ah man you beat me to it.. But seriously who doesn't bring headphones on a plane? Sometimes they have some that are complimentary.

Why? So he can listen to Skrillex blowing him? (Ref to ops username)

I bring headphones *and earplugs*. Pop earplugs in, pretend to sleep, done. No more chatty neighbors, screaming babies, and greatly diminished airplane noise as well.

At least you don't have a guy speaking in jive.... Jive is very difficult to understand.

Example of Jive, taken from the movie "Airplane" (seems fitting) I love this movie!(: First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know? Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!

It's not so bad if you have a translator. A Jive translator comes in real handy when an in-flight airplane is plagued by bad fish.

Gracehi, I see you're a fan as well!(: Great reference!

No better time to listen to music or the on board television? The story about the toothpick could be a time consumer. Was there a baby too? There's always one.. always.

I totally agree Skoomaki. But I think they were both being good. I guess it's better then having him worship Satan out loud. Btw Skoomaki, why did you take me off your bio? :'(

And not like the baby noise at the theater that everyone thinks is real either. At least that one stops, plane babies on the other hand never stop. Ever.

dominic1221 6

51- Same reason I'm not on his list. Cause all of my comments and yours suck balls.

53- my comments don't suck. A lot of times my friend gets on my account and ***** with it. But most of the time, like a lot of other good commenters, if you don't have a really good comment to say, you don't say it at all.

Get over it. Are you really that upset about being taken off someone's list?

And yes ionkite all your comments suck.

You should've gotten the old man to talk to the praying priest.

TheDrifter 23

He's likely praying out loud so toothpick man avoids him.

Should have activated troll mode and asked the question: 'Would they have had toothpicks at the last supper?'

Hire one of those movie players and watch nonstop movies.

Pure torture is having bamboo shoots shoved into your nails while being stretched in a stretcher like a piece of taffy while trolls tickle you with knives. This situation is just annoying.

7- the toothpick thing sounds cool! :D

Gosh the story of how the toothpick came to be sounds very intriguing but on the other hand the priest praying out loud can be a blessing. Whats not to like?

CallMeMcFeelii 13

That's what headphones are made for. Don't tell me you didn't bring some sort of entertainment for a 7 hour flight.

Right? I always bring a plentiful amount of books, an iPod, and notebooks so I can draw. Of course, that might not stop the priest and the toothpick man, but it will block them out for awhile.

RabidBunny 10

Interesting crowd. Where exactly is your destination? :D