By MJB - 02/04/2017 22:00

Today, as a 17-year-old, after having gone to the doctor to about some unusual hair loss, it turns out I simply have crappy genetics, and should expect to be fully bald within a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 034
You deserved it 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you'll have a great career in magic eraser advertising. Sorry for your loss Mr. Clean.

Now you need to hit the gym and become The Rock. Scrawny bald guys look like racists. Skinheads really ****** it up for you.

Comments

At least you'll have a great career in magic eraser advertising. Sorry for your loss Mr. Clean.

Now you need to hit the gym and become The Rock. Scrawny bald guys look like racists. Skinheads really ****** it up for you.

GROW A BANGING GOATEE!!! And if you have glasses you'll look even cooler. If you're male that is.

I started going bald about 6-7 years ago, shortly after high school graduation. Although I am pretty sparse on the front of my head, I still have a lot on the rest of my head and body. Just commenting so you know that it could take a while before it actually goes away completely.

Completely bald is never partial bald. Be grateful kid.

Same it happend to me when I was 13. It'll get better.

mariri9206 32

Shave your head. Lots of guys do it and no one will question why. Also, like Iamnuff said, bald is better than balding. I think society will definitely be rude/judgmental and look at you weird if you were young and balding because, unfortunately, that's the world we live in.

mariri9206 32

Example: look up Beans (Steven Anthony Lawrence) from Even Stevens. He's only 26.

Suaria 38

My dad went balding in his late 20s. For as long as I can remember the top of his head is bald but he doesn't shave his sides. My two cousins who are brothers, one is going bald at 21 and the other one is completely bald at 25.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

Genes aren't crap- how they are expressed depends on what we expose our bodies to

Uh. No, some genes really ARE just crap, ask pretty much anyone with a genetic disorder, but especially an early onset one.

ImminentDisaster 12

Our environment does affect how out genes are expressed, but if all your genes are crappy, then turning one off and another one on will still leave you with a crappy gene being expressed. Or, as I think is the case here, it's the crappy genes that are changing the expression of other genes.