By LameChef - 10/03/2015 18:43 - Poland

Today, after years of providing daily various home-made colourful meals for three kids and a husband, I was asked to "cook something cool, like instant hamburgers, not that lame healthy shit". FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 152
You deserved it 5 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rylaii 26

This is when husband and children learn to cook their own food

They should be thankful to you and not condescending!

Comments

They should be thankful to you and not condescending!

K_kanaka 26

Eh, they're probably just young. They'll appreciate when they get older...hopefully...in the near future...maybe.

Why should she make something they don't like? If she is going to make them food wouldn't it be more helpful for them to tell her what they don't like

Because 1. Kids shouldn't always get their way. And 2. They need healthy food. They can compromise but they were extremely rude. I'd say let them take over and just cook for yourself if they want to be ungrateful brats.

Oh just get some MSG and stick it into the veggies.

When I was a kid the rule was "way what I make or go to bed hungry". The rules were modified as I got older, as in if I didn't like what offered I could buy and/or cook what I want.

Um... I guess you didn't notice bit OP is a guy #21

_sucks2suck_ 7

I don't see where it shows that OP is a guy anywhere in their post. Care to explain your logic?

#58: Where it indicates OP's username, it displays in parentheses that OP registered as a man.

"three kids and husband" I think op is a she. might have put the wrong sex or is using a different account. or maybe it's a man married to a man with three adopted kids.

Sorry your family doesn't appreciate your cooking OP, but in the long run they will thank you for keeping them healthy, hopefully.

Since when is instant anything considered cool? Normally instant stuff tastes bad.

You always want what you don't have. In this case, preservatives, artificial flavorings and high sodium

My fiances kids whinge about having to eat anything but instant. When I make Mac and cheese from scratch, it's like pulling teeth to get them to touch it but when it's the microwaveable crap they are all over it. Same with chips. And they won't believe me when I tell them chips are potatoes - because it's a horrible thought to eat veggies. I always said I'd never be the mum who cooks a different meal for the kids. Guess what. :(

Homemade mac and and cheese is the best though! I can't even eat the boxed stuff anymore. I think it's just a kid thing though.

I was once like that. Until I realized my mom's healthy food was what kept me from getting constantly sick. Hope they learn to appreciate your effort soon, OP!

martin8337 35

You could cook for me then. I'll even clean up for you when we're done eating. Sounds like your family doesn't appreciate your hard work and effort.

Easy solution. Tell them to make their own meals. In saying that though, kids aren't gonna want to eat ultra healthy food all the time, let them have maccas or a surprise once in a while. Its all about balance.

I don't mind eating healthy, but you can't go wrong with some maccas every now and then! :)

YourOpinionSucks 22

I know you're going for the whole "moderation is key" bullshit, but McDonald's is like meth to me. Not even once. I'd more sooner eat my girlfriends used tampons than eat there. Not saying all fast food is ridiculous, but McDonald's is downright disgusting.

What is it about McDonald's that you think is so disgusting?

Don't worry, it's probably not that your cooking is bad, it's just that they have had a lot of it recently, I mean you said that you have given it to them for years, and if they hadn't complained before then it would make sense.

I'm sure they'll appreciate it one day. But do remember it is ok to have something "instant" once and a while. Moderation is key.

OP never even claimed the food tasted good, only that it was called, "healthy shit." But as he put that extraneous U in color, I shall assumed his family's originally British, and merely wants the bland boiled mutton of their people. ;) (I almost put, "she" for having a husband, but OP did identify as man.)

You made me laugh, #10. I'm British and have never eaten mutton in my life :-)

America is the only country in the world that drops the U from the word colour... Not everyone who spells "colour" or "favourite" with the U is from the UK. You sound pretty ignorant stating that.