By Matthew - 16/06/2017 22:00 - United States - Largo

Today, after working at my summer job for 3 weeks, I was informed that I was too young to work there. I had contacted them 3 months prior and had given them my birthdate multiple times. I had also attended a special training in their corporate HQ, which I drove 7 hours both ways to get to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 134
You deserved it 319

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Something similar happened to me once. I passed the first three interviews/test, showed up to orientation only to be told o couldn't actually work there yet, because I didn't have a high school diploma, when I had put that I was still in high school on every place it asked. Pissed me off pretty badly.

At least there's a restaurant we know of that will serve you a beer, provided you don't mind having it spilled on you.

Comments

Something similar happened to me once. I passed the first three interviews/test, showed up to orientation only to be told o couldn't actually work there yet, because I didn't have a high school diploma, when I had put that I was still in high school on every place it asked. Pissed me off pretty badly.

They knew what they were getting into when they hired Benjamin Button.

At least there's a restaurant we know of that will serve you a beer, provided you don't mind having it spilled on you.

species4872 19
melana09 19

Sorry to hear you got fired. You'd think they want to keep since you showed much dedication to drive 7 hours for just training.

I'm the assistant manager at my job, and I had to personally fire someone because of this. Except she told us she was old enough. She lied on all of her tax papers and to our face, but told some of my coworkers that she did so.

but he can drive a car over the interstate

You really need to be at least 18 to work in a brothel

It's worth it. It's the principle of the matter.

sorry I commented on the wrong post