By Anonymous - 06/01/2018 19:00

Today, after having been off due to the holidays, I awoke to several missed calls and texts from my supervisor asking where I was. Fearing losing my job, I drove the entire 2-hour commute thinking I’d missed a day. I hadn't; he was just trying to get my weekly reports early. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 878
You deserved it 1 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why wouldn't you just call him back to see what he needed before driving for 2 hours?

Does he not know the idea of having time off, meaning you don't do work.

Comments

Does he not know the idea of having time off, meaning you don't do work.

Why wouldn't you just call him back to see what he needed before driving for 2 hours?

That asshole should wait until you go in to work then tell you about weekly reports

exileonmainst 16

And it never once occured to you to phone him? Or to send him a text? An email? A carrier pidgeon? A note in a bottle? A smoke signal? Anything before you decided to drive for two hours?

Lobby_Bee 17

Why would you fear for your job? Unless your days off wasn't previously been approved, if not you can just call them back to see what's up. Now you just lost 2hrs of your vacation time for nothing.

4 hours lost actually, assuming he went back home after.

onceuponatime456 16

Tell the asshole to **** off and stop bothering you on your day off!

Why didn’t you just give him a call? That’s what a phone is for you idiot!

I'm going to pile on: Why didn't you just call or text back pointing out that you were off and asking if you were scheduled to work that day.

I'd be using my days off to find a new job closer to home where they don't call me on my days off...