This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Doortje - 09/04/2018 17:11 - United Kingdom - Sheffield

Today, after a year of saving up and travelling for 14 hours, we were denied entrance at the Indian border because there was a rip in my boyfriend's passport. The reason for the rip? He used one of the pages to roll a joint. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 349
You deserved it 7 397

Doortje tells us more.

Follow up! We flew home together. To be honest, it didn't even occur to me to go without him. It was a very weird and stressful situation, badly handled by the Indian authorities. I was DEFINITELY pissed off, and spoke the words "That'd better have been the best ******* high of your ******* life". But I also knew that he'd used his passport for this purpose when he was 19 (we were 25 at the time this happened), and he was extremely sorry. We got home, he applied for an emergency passport, and 10 days later we were at the Indian border again, this time letting him through (after an agonising 40 min!). He borrowed money of his parents to be able to afford our new flights, and I didn't have to pay him back :) As they say, comedy = tragedy + time. It's been two years since this happened and I'm slowly getting to a point where it's actually a funny story, which is why I decided to submit it to FML. I'm not too surprised about the huge amounts of YDI, because it was an extremely idiotic thing to do - I mean, seriously, who uses their passport as roach?!?! But it was done when he was young and stupid, and he's definitely grown up since then ;)

Top comments

What was next, smoke a tide pod? That was a pretty moronic thing to do.

He couldn't have picked a better time to roll a joint--let alone use a crappier piece of paper for it?

Comments

He couldn't have picked a better time to roll a joint--let alone use a crappier piece of paper for it?

jello_bellied_snack_snapper 18

That sucks, but was he so deperate that he had to tear a page out of a government document? I think it's pretty dang stingy what the border patrol did, but...c'mon bro. Use your head.

tounces7 27

For a hammer. Use his head for a hammer, because it's probably the only good use it'll ever get.

What was next, smoke a tide pod? That was a pretty moronic thing to do.

uhh I see a video of someone doing that

meganngracee 11

Unless you knew, I can’t see why you deserve it.

Lobby_Bee 17

Hand the passport to the officer with some Rupees slipped inside and enjoy your stay in India.

You ought to go ahead and let your boyfriend spend a week at the airport while you enjoy your vacation.

Zachary8261 28

What is with all the YDI’s? It never said she knew.

Yeah I agree with Zuckerberg. No problem with smoking weed but he is one of the stupidest ***** I've heard of on it.

thatslifeiguess7 16

she knew the idiot she was dating

Since you didn't know ( i think), FML. If by chance he rolled that joint for you, YDI for having you moronic boyfriend not get a new passport.

I`d have deadass gone on ahead without him!!! I'd love to go to India, this has been on my list for ages. Nothing could've stopped me getting in the country. If he's stupid enough to treat his most important travel document this way then he doesn't deserve to travel!!!