Not helping.

By child abused - 19/10/2017 00:00 - United States - New York

Spicy
Today, my neighbor's pesky 7-year-old daughter, who is friends with the guy I really like, decided to help me with him. She used her phone to send him a picture of me. I was in the shower, completely naked and surprised. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 095
You deserved it 770

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why is a 7 year old friends with the guy you like?

Comments

this sounds wrong on so many counts. why is this guy chummy with a 7 year old. how in the world did she manage to get in the bathroom while you were showering?

My best guess is that OP and her crush are teens and live in the same neighborhood. They might both be babysitters or family friends / neighbors of the little girl. The bathroom might have had a faulty latch or no lock at all, and it's not THAT strange to take a shower when the neighbors are over. As for the phone... some parents have different priorities I guess?

Why at 7 does she have a phone and why does she have his number

Just Some Dood 6

who the **** gives a 7 year old a cameraphone?

I don't even want to know why someone you're into is friends with a 7 year old... Unless he is her parents friend. That's creepy AF.

This post originally said that OP was babysitting the little girl, which means that OP had to leave the door unlocked for the shower in case she needed something. People do have friends that are much younger than them self without having nefarious reasons- it's also possible that the guy could have some sort of other relation to the girl like being related or him being another babysitter, or him having a sibling the little girl's age. It's also possible that OP isn't distinguishing between being friends and being friendly- which is a common mistake. That said, we also have no idea of OP's age or the guy's age- the minimum age at which a child can be considered sufficient sole supervision for a younger person varies on location but is as low as age ten in some places. There's also the fact that OP just being a neighbor was sufficient for her to have been a long term babysitter for the child- which means the community is apparently somewhat close knit. It also used to be encourage for older teens/young adults to interact with young children, in order to give them a non-related role model to use as reference. Most of the time when a child under the age of twelve has a cellphone, the reason is one to do with the parent, not the child desiring one. Usually it's because the parent is afraid of something, and the child having the phone comforts them. It can also be because the child has anxiety and having the phone makes them feel more secure, which is extremely important for kids under the age of eight. Many phones have GPS trackers in them, or otherwise can be used to locate a kidnapped or lost child. It also means that the child always has access to a phone to call their parent(s) if something has happened. That said, the child's parents obviously haven't discussed phone safety and what it means to respect someone's privacy with her. The fact that she know what nudes are, and how they are generally used is rather alarming, and could very well be an indication that someone either is or has made attempts to groom her for sexual abuse. Or that someone HAS sexually abused her in someway already that involved cell phone photos. Her parents need to have the concern brought up in addition to the need to talk to her about what she did being inappropriate.

There is so much question in this fml blog XD

Guy - Friends with a 7 yr old girl (Pedo Alert) Girl - Allows 7 yr olds access to occupied showers (Pedo Alert) Sounds like a match. No swiping right about it.

That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

EmDizzle2007 28

A 7 year old is helping you with dating. isn't that the true FML?