'Murica

By Maryann - 08/02/2018 01:30

Today, I told my dad I started taking jiu-jitsu lessons. He responded by laughing and saying, "Martial arts are for pussies, you should just get a gun." FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 331
You deserved it 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He does have a point. There’s no way a jury is going to believe you “accidentally” did a jiu-jitsu move that killed him. Jus’ sayin’.

manb91uk 22

Comments

There's nothing wrong with owning both a gun and practicing martial arts, because martial arts exercises your body and mind.

He does have a point. There’s no way a jury is going to believe you “accidentally” did a jiu-jitsu move that killed him. Jus’ sayin’.

manb91uk 22
DraftHail614 17

Shit goddammit I corrected the wrong comment. ignore that lol

Train until you can kick that gun right out of his hand.

that doesn't even make sense, getting all up in someone's face is more of a pussy move than shooting someone from a distance? what a moron

A gun won't help you to get this hot body that men and lesbians crave AND allow you to kick them where it hurts if they get annoying. You go girl!

And that's when a 120 lb teenager dropped a former Marine twice his size. ... it's just me that remembers that? k, I'll see myself out.

Mungolikecandy 19

And that was Karate which is a less effective defensive martial art than Jiu-Jitsu.

I'm tempted to suggest you demonstrate your jiu-jitsu moves on your dad, but that probably would be a bad idea.

boopingsnoot 24

Introduce him to Elliot Spencer from the show "Leverage" (not in a threatening way)

Lobby_Bee 17

Does your dad know the difference between those two? Gun is for longer range defense and jujitsu is for close range. Having skills in both makes you the ultimate badass. Do IT!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Well you could also... ynkow... shoot someone up close... But still, you do have a point.

Yeah but if you are already physically engaged with someone, pulling out a gun is not the wisest idea, you might shoot yourself or they might take it from you.