A Poopy Proposal

By aliciababy24 - 25/07/2017 21:00 - Australia - Ashburton

Today, while on a weekend away, my boyfriend and I went for a walk. I now get to tell everyone the story of how my boyfriend got down on one knee into a pile of cow shit while proposing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 329
You deserved it 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haecceitas 13

Seriously? Things like that happen... be happy he still wants to marry you after being such a negative person.

I'd love a proposal story like that, it's hilarious! Practise telling it so it sounds super romantic, and then drop the cow shit in at the end. Brilliant.

Comments

Haecceitas 13

Seriously? Things like that happen... be happy he still wants to marry you after being such a negative person.

I don't think she's being negative. With only 140 characters, it's difficult to convey tone or a full story, but I don't see anything that says she's ungrateful or negative, though I've noticed a lot of other commenters seem to think she is. Cow shit does put a damper on romantic moments, but that doesn't mean OP and her fiancé didn't laugh about it afterwards. It's just a funny story—there's really not enough information in it to judge OP's character.

...wait, boyfriend? Doesn't that mean OP said no? That's unfortunate for him, if that's the case. Not just having his marriage proposal turned down, but getting up to his knees in shit just to get turned down. But just like dating is never something owed to another, saying yes to a marriage is never owed.

species4872 19

I'd love a proposal story like that, it's hilarious! Practise telling it so it sounds super romantic, and then drop the cow shit in at the end. Brilliant.

I think I'd focus more on the proposal. plus he was,the one kneeling in shit so it's more his fml not yours.

Talis99 26

Or you could edit that. Boyfriend needs to reconsider his proposal if you're going to be this much of a chore.

just think of the awesome proposal story this would make some 10 years down the line

EnvyMe33 26

You know in some parts of the world they praise cows and worship them. You ungrateful wench! I wasn't asked but the ring I got was pretty so I said yes.

THE COLIN 12

That's not just poop its life tryna tell him he's making the very wrong decision