This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By thistownneedsanenema - 29/01/2018 08:00 - United States - Cape Girardeau

Today, my boss chose someone else for a promotion, even though I've been there longer, am better at my job, and have been featured in local press for my work. Her reason? Another person was "excited for menial tasks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 678
You deserved it 289

Top comments

If you are gunning for a promotion that involves a lot of “menial tasks,” I’d hate to know how boring your current job is.

AzrielB 8

Being the best at what you do is the worst way to get a promotion. For example, would you promote the best salesman in the company to management, or keep them where they generate the most value?

Comments

love the extra comment at the bottom ....love the classic batman!

Zachary8261 28

It’s around this time that you inform HR.

Actually, if OP is qualified for the job promotion whereas their coworker isn't, HR can and will do something as having someone incapable of doing their work can effect the entire work place/company.

If you are gunning for a promotion that involves a lot of “menial tasks,” I’d hate to know how boring your current job is.

AzrielB 8

Being the best at what you do is the worst way to get a promotion. For example, would you promote the best salesman in the company to management, or keep them where they generate the most value?

Take all those things and see if one of their competitors would like you. Over and up is often easier than just up.

Dude, I've been there. I was more qualified for a promotion than someone else one time, and my boss gave it to me then quit. Turns out he didn't process the paperwork correctly, so I did the job without the pay increase for two months waiting for the new manager to fix it. Then the incoming manager said I couldn't actually have the promotion and she gave it to the guy who got her the job, the same guy I was more qualified than in the first place.

******* same. I've been here longer, work harder and do thing without being asked. My coworker was hired a couple months after me and needs asked to do any task. Also doesn't know how to do basically anything. He got promoted over me because my boss "didn't want to promote a female on third shift for security concerns." 🙄🙄🙄

it's time to make a splash in the local press by starting your own company

Just went through the same thing. This person is psycho, screams at other agencies on the phone, and stirs up shit constantly. But she does a ton of work. Just kidding! They only think she does because she announces every goddam thing she does like a it's a production. I'm leaving soon. I'm tired of sociopaths getting promoted.

Look at it this way: You aren't going to have a job doing menial tasks.