By BonusForDaddyIssues - 29/01/2018 00:00 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, my 8-year-old niece came over to visit. As usual, she borrowed my husband's phone to play with, only this time she wanted to look at photos. That's how we both found out he'd been sexting a 16-year-old girl and saving the pictures to his phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 209
You deserved it 403

Top comments

queenwolfblood 8

I'm so sorry that had to you. I hope you called the police on him and got some pay back . and hopefully your niece didn't ask to many questions. about what it was.

Comments

queenwolfblood 8

I'm so sorry that had to you. I hope you called the police on him and got some pay back . and hopefully your niece didn't ask to many questions. about what it was.

jebron 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
queenwolfblood 8

she is a minor and he is not is yeah it is illegal.

if naked pictures of a 16 year old isnt child **** to you, you got as many issues as the husband does. that is most definitly a crime dude. lol even if their all minors. a 16 year old with naked pictures of another 16 year old is still having child **** and sending it is still distribution of child pornography.

julfunky 29

Depending on where you live, it is a crime. She could technically be a minor so having nude pictures on your phone would make that child pornography. Illegal.

jebron 13

I think the OP is in Brisbane where the age of consent is 16

He's sexting a 16-year-old girl. That's a crime. It's the same thing that got Anthony Weiner sent to jail.

Since it’s her husband, I assume he’s older than 18. The girl is 16. It’s called child pornography which is definitely a crime

He's clearly an extremely disturbed individual, but unfortunately, the age of consent in Australia is 16, so as creepy as the guy is, its not illegal.

julfunky 29

Yes it is. It may be the age of consent but sexting is still illegal in Australia.

julfunky 29

Sexting anyone under 18 — just wanted to clarify my last post.

anthonygh5 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I hate how everyone is saying it's child ****, makes it sound like he rapes 5 year olds like c'mon age 16 ain't no little girl

A 16 year old may not be a child, but in most states they are considered minors. As a result, if her husband does have naked pictures of a 16 year old saved on his phone, it is illegal, and he should be reported to the police.

jebron 13

In Australia the age of consent is 16 making the girl a consenting adult

queenwolfblood 8

and we don't even know how old he is he could be 40 or50 for all we know

still child **** dude. and the fact that you make it seem like it isnt a big deal makes you part of this problem with little girls thinking this is okay and ruining someone life potentially becuase of their nudes. not. worth. it. idc how lonely you are bro. its messed up.

BossyC94 6

She still has no right to consent under the age of 18. If they had sex it is still rape. Yes she participated so she needs to be in some form of trouble but HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER BEING AN ADULT.

I'm so sorry. You really need to report him to the police. What he's doing is a crime.

What’s the age of consent in Australia? Here in the US, that’s child **** and you become bubbas new best friend in the big house. Sick b@$tard

Why is everyone assuming that US laws are universal? Age of consent in Australia is 16.

Age of consent in the us is 16 too, nudes of a child under 18 are still illegal in Australia as well

Who cares if the age of consent is 16 in the usa and it's "legal" it's still disgusting for a grown man do to that with a 16 year old teenager. Morally and physically disgusting.

saffy66 34

Age of consent is 16, but a police officer from a child protection squad gave a talk at my workplace recently and said that only applies if the other party is 16 or 17.

Depending on which part of Australia they're living in, this might be completely legal, as the age of consent varies between 16 and 17 in some territories. In Australia under both State and Commonwealth laws, child abuse material is considered to be the sexualised depiction of persons under 16 (or in some cases 18). But that's besides the point. I don't think the hearbreak OP is feeling right now would be much different if the girl had been 18 years old. I'm very sorry you had to experience this.