By budgetboss - 08/06/2018 18:30 - United States - Granbury

Today, I got a call that my custom order bridesmaid dress is at the apartment complex I just moved out of. They won’t give it to me because I’m no longer a resident, but they just thought I should know. The wedding’s tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 395
You deserved it 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can they just keep it like that? That is still your property! Even if you don't live there.

It's okay, everyone! I am pleased to tell you all that Meghan Markle's wedding went off without a hitch. Except the one that attached the horses to their carriage.

Comments

Can they just keep it like that? That is still your property! Even if you don't live there.

Nope, they can't. If it was sent US Mail, that's a federal crime. If it was a private courier like FedEx it's just plain theft.

No they can’t, it’s mail theft and it’s a serious problem, not that calling the police would help she wouldn’t get it back in time

It's okay, everyone! I am pleased to tell you all that Meghan Markle's wedding went off without a hitch. Except the one that attached the horses to their carriage.

Donut_Wizard 23

Good thing it’s a nudist wedding.

Wait what? The package/ parcel has your name on it! It’s yours how can they keep it? Or not hand it to you? even if you’re no longer a resident of the complex, how is this possible or ok to do? Hope you sort this out

Cyrus00 41

Surely something like that would need a signature? Or have your name on it so you can use ID to prove it's yours. Might be too late for the wedding which is shit but there's no way they can keep it. FYL!

Maybe the woman who took over your apartment can marry your fiancé since she has the dress already.

smaldridge 12

I'm confused. Did you not know where you were moving to because there's a way to forward your mail. Weddings take time to plan; was the move that sudden that you couldn't send the dress to your maid of honor, or parents house instead? The dress is one of the first things you'd want to make sure it fits and will show up in time, but with the wedding the day after the dress' arrival making it seem you ordered it late it had many problems with it.

It's yours by law, they cannot keep it. blah blah blah, doesn't take a degree to know this.

Only illegal if its USPS as its government mandated. It's a dispute with UPS/FedEx if not.

Sorry.... same federal statutes follow them. Keeping any mail or parcels that are addressed to anybody else, is a felony.

It's illegal no matter what shipping method you use, because it's your property.

It’s still illegal because it’s OP’s property.

Tony Friddle 11

they're essentially breaking the (federal I believe) law, get the cops involved, they'll be forced to give it to you.

It's against federal law to keep mail that's not yours.