Friendzone 2.0

By NeverNumberOne - 23/04/2018 01:30

Today, I finally got the courage to ask my best friend to go on a date with me. She assumed I meant a double date and squealed, "Who's the lucky guy?!" She thought I was her gay best friend for the past year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 887
You deserved it 735

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you really love her, you’ll find a guy to go on the double date, just so you can be near her. This seems like a good sitcom plot.

ChromoTec 24

Is this technically being friendzoned? Or gay-zoned or something?

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ChromoTec 24

Is this technically being friendzoned? Or gay-zoned or something?

Traci M 5

im so sorry that happened. ☹

If you really love her, you’ll find a guy to go on the double date, just so you can be near her. This seems like a good sitcom plot.

how can you be best friends and she thought you were gay? best friends imply you know each other well.

Hey, sometimes even people we think we know might turn out to be complete strangers. Sometimes they turn out to be gay or straight or a Colombian drug Lord.

I remember when my best friend turned out to be a drug mule. In retrospect, i should've seen it coming, he was always carrying people and luggage around.

I thought I was the only one to find out my "friends" were Colombian drug lords. Small world.

talaswolf 20
Lobby_Bee 17

You were too nice to her. You must be a jerk to be a straight man.

ThatGuy9679 13

Probably had less to do with him being nice and more to do with him never revealing his true feelings or intentions

itssnotfunny 24

Tell her, "well I'll be the lucky guy if you decide to go with me"

I don’t want to be rude but, how dense is she?

Some people are friend-zoned and some people put themselves into the friend-zone when they really hope for more. I guess it can feel less risky to our egos to act like we’re “just a friend” when we really want more. But with maturity comes the realization that honesty and openness from the beginning is ultimately the best choice. Just don’t try to jump too quickly in the levels of a relationship - That can easily scare off the person we are interested in. Learn to read the signs that show how the other person thinks of you, that is a very important skill. You can lose by going too slow, apparently like OP in this case. And you can lose by going too fast and coming off like a crazy stalker.

thehunterofprey 5

why do people assume this stuff.