By Anonymous - 27/07/2018 08:00 - United States - Macon

Today, as I was pulling into work at 15 weeks pregnant, I projectile vomit all over myself and my vehicle. I had an emotional breakdown as I went back home, and called my boss to let him know I would not be in that day. I am now looking for a new job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 044
You deserved it 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One, have they been made aware that you were pregnant before this incident? Two, did you tell them that you needed a personal day due to feeling sick with vomiting and all? I ask because if they were aware that you were pregnant, and they were informed that you felt sick, they can be sued. If you've even seen Horrible Bosses movie, it was made pretty clear that you can't fire a pregnant woman or there could be lawsuits.

You know what to do, sue that ****** for wrongful termination!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It’s her fault for having morning sickness?

julfunky 29

Her fault for being sick? Makes total sense.

I have a feeling that any upcoming job interviews are going to be interesting, to say the least.

You know what to do, sue that ****** for wrongful termination!

Just want to add on, did you give your reasons why? If so and he or she still fired you then continue on suing their sorry ass

that's the awesome thing about at will employers, you dont have to give a reason to fire someone. hopefully this employer was smart and didnt give a reason. I love at will employment

Free-Parking, are you super sarcastic or a troll?

Oh, there are loopholes for health too if you aren’t on FMLA. And there is a loophole for that to, as in they just have to have a job for you, even if it’s a demotion. I got fired for an illness that the company was aware of beforehand. They found a way to claim it was a hardship on the company. Even told unemployment they let me go because of my health. I was going to take my vacation to go get treated.

Week 15 isn't associated with projectile vomiting at all. You should see a GP immediately.

Apparently you've never been pregnant? My 3rd pregnancy I had all day morning sickness for 7 months. It happens.

oh my gosh that sounds so so horrible!!!! being pregnant sounds so hard!

There's a difference between morning sickness/nausea vomit and projectile vomiting. I've been pregnant. The nausea you get before vomiting is normal. Projectile means there is something much more serious going on, as it gave no notification of coming. Which should help OPs case of actually being sick!

You are not wrong, but the OP may not be using the term correctly. Some people say "projectile vomiting" to mean "throwing up a lot." It's similar to the way that some people think "night terrors" are a cooler term for nightmares, "migraines" are a cooler term for headaches, and "panic attacks" are a cooler term for freaking out. All those things actually exist, but the terms are used incorrectly more often than correctly.

Yea..... I'm not their English teacher, so why would I expect an FML to use words they didn't mean to use just because it sounds cooler? aren't these supposed to be real. My recommendation (after being pregnant myself) still stands. You can't **** around when you're 15 weeks pregnant. It's still possible to lose the baby, so why risk it. go to the doctor!

One, have they been made aware that you were pregnant before this incident? Two, did you tell them that you needed a personal day due to feeling sick with vomiting and all? I ask because if they were aware that you were pregnant, and they were informed that you felt sick, they can be sued. If you've even seen Horrible Bosses movie, it was made pretty clear that you can't fire a pregnant woman or there could be lawsuits.

But that’s just a movie. It’s in the script.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Unless she's in an at will state

they can fire you for being pregnant in an at will state?

they can fire you for being pregnant in an at will state?

wHSKitty, you can believe that all you want but my friends that actually do HR were all laughing, acknowledging that companies can’t Ben sued for wrongfully terminating any of their employees. More so pregnant employees.

In a civilized, first-world country, that would have been unthinkable and illegal. Most Americans don’t realize how far our country has declined and our greatness is fading in the rearview mirror. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can do a new bit: “If you have to go to work covered in vomit, ... you might be living in a Failed State.”

Wow umm that's some bullshit even in fire at will state's they can't just fire a pregnant woman, either go to his boss and explain what happened or get a lawyer,things in ur life will be hectic to say the least once ur a mom it's time to think about baby's and ur future now and congratulations and good luck.😋

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She can keep her legs closed and still have sex 😎

blightsight 10

right? and they expect equal pay

call the labour board tell them your story and it should work out

We don’t have “labour boards” here. Here, workers are garbage that employers can toss away anytime arbitrarily.

Maybe wait for you boss to actually tell you to go home, instead of deciding on your own!?

julfunky 29

She wasn’t working yet. She doesn’t have to walk into her place of employment, covered in vomit, and ask to not have to work today. She goes home and calls in sick. Like a normal person would do to call in a sick day.

In what kind of Shithole do you live that you need your bosses permission to go home when you're sick?