By Flyyyy - 26/01/2018 01:30 - Italy - Lissone

Today, I'm traveling halfway around the world to see my long-distance boyfriend. Today, he informed me that he took the wrong days off from work and will not be joining me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 562
You deserved it 431

Top comments

neuronerd 28

Have you met in person before? If not, that sounds like a classic catfish.

Was he supposed to go to Paris but his friends left without him?

Comments

neuronerd 28

Have you met in person before? If not, that sounds like a classic catfish.

Was he supposed to go to Paris but his friends left without him?

If your boyfriend were worth a shit, he’d ask work to change his days off and if they refuse, he’d quit. I hope you take the trip and find a better LDR.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Waitwut? Quit your job so you can hang out with your gf a few days? Sorry but unless you are a millionaire in secret and don't need this money this is a very poor desicion...

It would most likely be ok to change his vacation days, so threatening to quit is most likely a bluff. If they call him on it, that would be pretty romantic!

zeffra13 31

Does he have absolutely no time between work & sleep? Does he work multiple days straight? If someone had to take a plane to see me, I’d at least make sure to get a meal or something together. He has to get a break sometime.

No joking. His excuse is the lamest one I've ever heard especially when someone is traveling halfway across the world 😧

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Can't he ask his boss to rescedule?

thatslifeiguess7 16

Sounds like a catfish! Had you ever met before?

I'm getting the feeling you've never met this guy. catfish!!

I feel your pain I will never again do long distance

If it were a classic catfish, he wouldn’t have the courtesy to inform you he won’t join you — he’d just leave you to wait around the airport for hours, looking like a pathetic idiot! Or so I’ve heard...

Tell him that you'll be spending those days with a guy who actually has them off instead of one who didn't bother to pay attention to detail. And we're not talking small details. That's obviously a very big one.