By ishoweredincorpsewater - 06/04/2018 19:00

Today, our hot water tank got replaced because all our hot water had been smelling old and musty for a month now. There was a dead seagull in the tank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 319
You deserved it 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not sure how a bird can get into a tank like that, but what is more interesting is that you still were able to tell what kind of bird was in there after a month of boiling it.

Comments

don't underestimate those parasite birds.

Did it not occur to you to have the tank cleaned before paying all that money to replace it? Still, it sucks to have a dead critter get inside your tank.

Lobby_Bee 17

How the heck did it get inside there? Did you accidentally leave a french fry in the hot water tank?

I'm not sure how a bird can get into a tank like that, but what is more interesting is that you still were able to tell what kind of bird was in there after a month of boiling it.

Well at least maybe the hot water was hot enough to help sanitize it a bit?

That’s the one that ran. It ran so far away!

Soooooo... Here in my country we don't have those things (had to look at google images to see what it was hahaha). But from what I could see it is something that is supposed to stay closed, right? How did the bird get in? Also, why do you have hot water tanks? Like, why doesn't the shower, tap, or whatever, have a mecanism of their own to heat the water? Does it stay turned on all day? Wouldn't that be a hell of an energy waste? Sorry for the questions, but I got curious XD I would be veeery happy if someone were to clarify it for me, thanks! :)

Yep, we use giant tanks full of water heated to around 125 degrees Fahrenheit(Sorry, I don't know the Celsius conversion and I'm too lazy to Google it), and yes they stay on all the time. Independent heaters do exist for faucets, but they are still relatively uncommon in the good ol' U.S.A.

bigdaddyeric 35

How the **** does a Seagull or anything else get into your hot water heater which is sealed????