By Shino - 26/06/2018 19:00

Today, my fiancé's mother made him pack his stuff and move to Montana while I was at work. I came home to a half-written note because she wouldn’t let him finish. We own a house together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 455
You deserved it 463

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It’s easier to dump a mama’s boy than divorce a mama’s boy, and both of those are easier than trying to change a mama’s boy.

If his mother can "make him" uproot his and your life like that (or if he's willing to do it and then blame his mother) then just thank your lucky stars you found out before you married him. If his name's on the house, work on getting it signed over to yourself ASAP.

Comments

If his mother can "make him" uproot his and your life like that (or if he's willing to do it and then blame his mother) then just thank your lucky stars you found out before you married him. If his name's on the house, work on getting it signed over to yourself ASAP.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Yeah I agree I was married to a Mama's boy for years and then her and her daughter's made my life a living hell for years

Zekfen 17

The real question is, how much is that ring worth? Enough that you can cash it? Tell him your mother made you sell it so you can’t return it.

Well legally he broke the contract, so she keeps the ring

Lora Wood 11

I think Mom made him because she has ALL the money.

It’s easier to dump a mama’s boy than divorce a mama’s boy, and both of those are easier than trying to change a mama’s boy.

You could follow him and become Hannah Montana and have the best of both worlds. If his mom will let you...

Unless she had a gun, there's no excuse for this nonsense.

boopingsnoot 24

File a missing persons report or even kidnapping. She wouldn’t even let him finish the note? If he co-owns a house then he’s an adult, she has no legal power to force him to move.

Lobby_Bee 17

Make sure you throw away all of his panties.

You may want to remind him that he’s an adult.

So, either he's so co-dependent with his mother that he actually felt he still has 0 power whatsoever over his life (can't even finish a note) or he was so terrified of commitment that he desperately leaped at the first excuse to get the heck out of there without even trying to communicate and work it out with you. Either way you slice it, the very basic foundation of any healthy relationship is healthy communication. If he can't practice that with you now, the marriage was doomed from the outset. Maybe in a few years when he grows up, IF he grows up, he might be ready for marriage, but for right now it sounds like you both need very different things in your life than the other is able/willing to offer. I really wish you luck on your journey from here on out. Live and learn.