By Anonymous - 10/01/2015 13:45 - United States

Today, my fiancée got married. I did not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 768
You deserved it 3 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are better off being single than married to that piece of shit.

MzZombicidal 36

You definitely dodged the bullet on that one. I'm sorry your fiancee was so cruel, though. I hope you can get over them super quick and move on to better things. :)

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
badluckalex 23

Yes,53 I read it. Was trying to be sarcastic and it didn't work out.

Or you could say congratulations! On not marrying a cheating bastard. Looks like it was your lucky day! Unfortunately for the other woman it wasn't.....

meli1195 31

who said the fiancée cheated

He obviously cheated, he got married to someone else.

#83: are you serious, or trying to be sarcastic as well?

You are better off being single than married to that piece of shit.

I couldn't have said it better. I sure hope OP is okay though, I'm sure that hurts really badly.

.... What if op was the reason they broke up?

#2 I was just on moderation and I saw an FML that said "Today my stalker posted on FML stating 'Today my fiancée got married. I did not. FML' She was never my fiancée. FML" Idk what to belive anymore.

when moderating, it doesn't say who posted the FML.

So. I don't see where it says OP is a woman? Maybe I'm missing it? More than likely they are, but you're taking out of context and assuming the fiancée is a POS man.. Men always get the blame. How shitty for us

Wow. If that's true it's totally crazy and scary.

Nickb55 16

I hope you got to embarrass her at her wedding, if they had one.

It doesn't specify if OP is a man or a woman

Nickb55 16

Yeah, sorry. I shouldn't assume.

Actually, when fiancée is written with two e's at the end, it specifies that person as a woman :) Men are written as fiancé.

Everyday_Galaxy 14

fiancee refers to a woman and fiance refers to a man. The french have masculine and feminine versions of their words. So we can assume, if the OP knows that, that they were left by a woman. EDIT: looks like someone beat me to the explanation.

Nickb55 16

Interesting; I did not know that! Thanks for letting us know.

I don't know what part of the US the OP is from but.. Same sex marriages were just legalized in my state (FL) on 1/6/15. OP could still be either gender?

Who is arguing over the OP's gender? OP was engaged to a woman. That is all that matters.

#16 derailed us, but yeah, doesn't matter at all really.

32, that had nothing to do with the convo. They were discussing the gender of OPs fiancée, not OP

Once a ho, always a ho. Get the ring back and wait for the right one for you.

how do you know it was a woman not a male?

happysmile987 24

34- Because OP wrote fiancée and that is the female term; the male is fiancé.

MzZombicidal 36

#34, since when are only women considered hoes?

MzZombicidal 36

You definitely dodged the bullet on that one. I'm sorry your fiancee was so cruel, though. I hope you can get over them super quick and move on to better things. :)

I love how people automatically assume it was OP's fiancée's fault without any context. There needs to be more evidence before any conclusions can be drawn.

Well how do you end up engaged to two different people and then marrying one of them? By accident? Unless it was an arranged or forced marriage, the fiancee knew what they were doing.

MzZombicidal 36

#77, I'm assuming they dodged a bullet considering OP said fiancee not girlfriend or ex-girlfriend. They were engaged to be married and the fiancee married someone else. That's pretty shitty whether it was OP's fault or not. You break things off if you're not happy. You don't remain engaged just to move on to the next person. I'm also assuming that the fiancee's new husband/wife has been in the picture for an extended period of time for them to have gotten married so that means the fiancee could have been cheating for a pretty long time...

Ouch! Well, you definitely deserve a vacation, you know, focus some time on yourself :)

KhaleesiDannie 26

That sucks feels wise but now you can start looking for someone who wants to marry you and only you