By Toothach - 12/05/2016 01:38 - Canada - Fonthill

Today, I went to my dentist's appointment with huge anxiety because I had to get a filling. Last week, I paid $120 to be told I needed this filling. This time, I paid $80 to be told my teeth are fine. Each visit lasted all of 5 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 266
You deserved it 915

Top comments

They should reimburse you for the second appointment. It isn't fair.

OP you should probably try to find a new dentist.

Comments

OP you should probably try to find a new dentist.

katachristic 19

Pretty much all medical/dental facilities do this crap.

They should reimburse you for the second appointment. It isn't fair.

That's just childish. OP act like an adult and burn down the office.

In other words, no need to take it that far...

nonsensical 26

Were they different dentists each time?

New Dentist, asap. Also, I would have refused to pay the second time, as it was their call to bring you back in, only for you to be told you don't need it. Stand your ground!

OP, I have a history of sinus infections. When you have a sinus infection it can make your teeth hurt even if they are fine. Something like that happened to me once, and the dentist suggested I had a sinus infection - I saw my MD and the dentist as right. Google the symptoms for a sinus infection next time you get a toothache.

what happened to Canada's "free healthcare"?

Unfortunately, it covers only hospital visits. Dentists, chiropractors, Optometrists, Ambulances etc all cost money so we have to have benefits too. Whats worse is that if we get hurt in a different province we aren't covered at all.

12- A few years back my wife broke her wrist on a ski trip in Denver. We live in Hawaii. She needed surgery right away. It was completely covered. I'll ignore the snide condescending remarks from Canadians now.

Actually #12, as long as you have your provincial health card when you see the doctor, it doesn't matter what province or territory you're in at the time, the provinces reimburse each other... Except for Quebec

Canada DOES NOT HAVE "FREE" HEALTH CARE. We pay extremely high taxes for very basic coverage and still have to pay out of pocket for most things anyway. K? K.