By Broken Leg, Broken Job - 10/05/2018 01:30

Today, I was fired for not having a reliable mode of transportation. I’ve only had to take the bus recently because three days ago, my boss’s son was messing around in the parking garage, lost control, and totaled my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 349
You deserved it 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MannyWasHere 12

Sue his son for property and collateral damages, including wage loss. Your ex boss will still be paying for your bills.

Mate, check out labor laws in your area. That ain't right, your ex-boss probably thought getting rid of you would make the problem go away. Don't go away silent. :)

Comments

I don’t really know much about stuff like this, but if you have proof that the reason you got fired was indirectly because of your boss, you can just sue them

Mate, check out labor laws in your area. That ain't right, your ex-boss probably thought getting rid of you would make the problem go away. Don't go away silent. :)

MannyWasHere 12

Sue his son for property and collateral damages, including wage loss. Your ex boss will still be paying for your bills.

JustALesbian 16

I agree lawsuit is a good idea, but get a good lawyer. Some of those guy will take advantage of you and will take half on your award and charge a fee on top. Be careful.

I knew it. The son wasn't mentally old enough to drive and was making "Vroom! Vroom!" noises while attempting to do so!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

he could have run his car into Op's car

chubbear 14

I know you think you're funny, but no, just... no.

If you can't sue the company for wrongful termination because of right to work or other state laws, make sure to sue the son for everything he's worth. Damage to property & now take on loss if wages as well as mental distress this caused for being fired by his dad or mom. Either way, make sure your ex-boss pays dearly for this. Don't want to be around when their karma is balanced, that's for sure.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lobby_Bee 17

If he thinks he can get rid of the laws suit on his son by firing you, he is so wrong. He just got himself one too.