This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Pissedoff - 09/11/2017 21:00 - United States - Seattle

Today, I'm going to a funeral, so I asked my boyfriend to be sober and supportive. He is now literally piss drunk. He just peed on the bed. Again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 193
You deserved it 1 307

Top comments

The fact you had to ask him to be sober was the first indication that he is an alcoholic. That he became so inebriated that he lost control of his bladder function was the second. Doing so after promising not to was the third. Time to sit him down and try to make him acknowledge his problem and start fixing it. If he won't, then it's time to end the relationship, because he's made it apparent he considers getting drunk more important than you, and unless he gets help, that is never going to change for the better. It will just get worse, and so will his behavior.

Request denied. If he’s not willing to do that for you, maybe you need to stage a funeral for this relationship.

Comments

The fact you had to ask him to be sober was the first indication that he is an alcoholic. That he became so inebriated that he lost control of his bladder function was the second. Doing so after promising not to was the third. Time to sit him down and try to make him acknowledge his problem and start fixing it. If he won't, then it's time to end the relationship, because he's made it apparent he considers getting drunk more important than you, and unless he gets help, that is never going to change for the better. It will just get worse, and so will his behavior.

You can't ask an alcoholic not to be an alcoholic. They just can't quit for anyone else. They need to quit because they truly want to.

Some alcoholics do have to have someone or something other than themself to quit for, because they don't see a reason to do it otherwise. It depends on the person. Either way, having someone else point out the addiction and need to get clean makes it harder for most addicts to deceive themself by denying that they have a problem- or that the problem isn't "that bad." Some still do after being confronted, but it's just as likely they'll realize they do in fact have a problem. Whether they decide to actually try to get clean or not, depends on them- some may do it for themself, but others do it for loved ones.

Lobby_Bee 17

Sounds like he is an alcoholic. It's funny the first couple times, but doesn't it get stale in the long run? He needs an intervention to straighten his ass up.

It's funny how people who haven't battled addiction can make opinions from their high tower..... ahole

Agreed. Am I the only one who finds even the idea of interventions offensive? Kind of "I don't trust you enough to say you have a problem by myself, so I'm going to get a bunch of people to gang up on you about it"

Request denied. If he’s not willing to do that for you, maybe you need to stage a funeral for this relationship.

manb91uk 22

Sounds to me like this drunken waste of piss and wind should be referred to as your ex-boyfriend.

I'm going to go with Mumsnet on this one: LTB.

I would NEVER share a bed with someone who peed on it.

Healthy adults shouldn't have issues with waking from sleep when their bladder is full. If an adult does have such an issue, they either have some sort of emotional trauma, a preexisting medical condition, developed a medical condition, or are so heavily under the influence of drugs that they are at risk of dying, because they are losing control of partially involuntary muscle functions.

...Yes, I have had such dreams, but no, they haven't ever resulted in me wetting the bed. Dreams like that still shouldn't be enough for an adult to actually lose control of their bladder function, since the brain is supposed to be able to differentiate between a sleeping state and awake state, and thus filter out that sort of signals. So either I somehow have superb control despite having a medical condition that effects my bladder, or more people have issues with bladder control than actually report said issues.

#7562431 You can't read or what is wrong with you? She said he pissed himself because of being wasted. And it wasn't first time he pissed himself.

Ishvah 15

ydi, you should've known this by now

JCal585 8

Quit complaining, you're the one who has chosen and continues to choose to be with him.