By AreYouSerious - 16/09/2018 22:00

Today, after working 85 hours in a single week, I finally got my paycheck. $500. Apparently I got a pay cut without anyone telling me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 142
You deserved it 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tiro1000 1

Where do you work!? Unless it's a place that pays you less than minimum wage because of tips, or a place where the minimum wage is less than $6 an hour; what happened is illegal. Check your pay stub, they may not have logged all your hours.

whiskey'swino 15

Comments

Tiro1000 1

Where do you work!? Unless it's a place that pays you less than minimum wage because of tips, or a place where the minimum wage is less than $6 an hour; what happened is illegal. Check your pay stub, they may not have logged all your hours.

whiskey'swino 15

Seems like a great time to call your labor board. They will be quite interested in this.

Did you have a pay advance you still owed? start a 401k? child support? somehow those numbers don't add up. I worked 140 in two weeks and 1000 was taken out for various legit reasons but it was still a shock to me. definitely check pay stub and make sure right hours and right pay. don't ever quietly accept a pay cut without getting a reason for it

ViviMage 38

$6 an hour doesn't even account got taxes! What?? Check if all your hours make sense!

avertle 9

I worked more hours than that in a week and got paid $10.

LYING MO FO!! 85 hours IN ONE WEEK and only 500$ that = $5.88 per hour, MINIMUM WAGE IS 7.25 AT IT'S LOWEST . you are lying and i want it known.

Mungolikecandy 19

Most other countries which use a variation of dollars also have a minimum wage (such as Ontario Canada which has a minimum wage of $14) or the cost of living is lower which reduces the FML significantly (unless it is the Bahamas).

Everyone it Is possible op is getting paid minimum wage. This was probably their paycheck after taxes were taken out. They may have it set up to have the most of their taxes taken out or they may have insurance being pulled. That being said it’s illegal to give you a pay cut without notifying you ahead of time. You should contact hr.

GreenReaper 13

Actually, no. Even at minimum wage their pay would be higher than that. Plus the fact that working that many hours would require overtime to be paid, which would raise their pay higher.

Overtime varies from state to state there are Some states that do not offer over time.

GreenReaper 13

The state doesn't have to have an overtime law. The federal government does, and all states are bound by it. https://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/

bl3ur0z3 17

85 hours in a single week with anything after 40 paid a time and a half... Hold, on. Math isn't my strong suit. Carry the one, add the decimal, divide by lunch and subtract three red hats.... If you're making U.S. federal minimum wage, they are taking out about $275 in taxes and other deductions.

server maybe?? tips could be the make or break