That's worth $0.30 at GameStop!

By maystar - 26/05/2018 15:00

Today, it's my birthday. My mom and three other relatives each bought me a copy of Diablo 3 for my birthday. A video game that I didn't ask for, for a console I don't have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 885
You deserved it 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nentenkupo 16

You could always sell them. Might end up with enough money to buy a game you do want.

Comments

You could always sell them. Might end up with enough money to buy a game you do want.

nentenkupo 16

Sounds like a hellish situation, indeed.

They must think you’re a Lucifer playing such an old game, but it’s not Satan your desire for fun! Tell them it’s like the devil except cooler and with more power.

JudgeComrade 17

But couldn't you just return the gift and get a refund?

Diablo 3 is a classic.. Keep one copy with yourself, sell the other 2 and buy something off of steam wallet.. You can't really expect your relatives to know which games are in trend and as per your liking :)

StagGT 13

you can absolutely expect your relatives, or at least your mom, to put a minimal amount of thought or research into what you might like. they could easily, oh, I don't know, ASK you what you like

StagGT 13

I'm not saying they shouldn't appreciate getting a gift period, but still. all of them getting the same gift? that better be some kind of joke. Follow up?

Lobby_Bee 17

Buy the console for the game, problem solved.

Runkofunko 5

Not everyone can just "buy the console"

Runkofunko 5

Not everyone can just "buy the console"

Not to point directly at OP here, but this is evident of a much larger issue. Birthday gifting, something that originally started as a way of pleasantly surprising a loved one with a gesture of appreciation, has evolved into a sense of entitlement, getting exactly whatever inconsequential consumer goods you want and providing another excuse for decadence and corporate appeasement...