If the women don’t find you handsome, they’ll at least find you handy...

By Handyhusband - 26/10/2017 13:00 - United States

Today, I installed a doggie door at my wife’s grandmother’s house. I was putting the door back on the hinges when I realized I had put it at the very top of the door instead of the bottom. I’m now trying to turn this hole into a window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 352
You deserved it 2 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could also either place a step-stool for the dog to reach the doggie door and teach it how to fly.

You seem angry today. Clearly, he thought it was the bottom, not the top.

Comments

HOW do you **** up that badly!? What went through your head that made you go, "Ah yes, six feet above the ground. The perfect height for a dog to enter through."

You seem angry today. Clearly, he thought it was the bottom, not the top.

Doors still have an obvious up and down, even off the hinges. I'm genuinely confused how someone could make that mistake, it's not like it's furniture from IKEA!

They had the door upside down thinking it was right side up when they did it.

chickensheep 15

If the handle is circular there is no obvious indication as to which way round the door is.

Um, yes there is; align the door with the hinges to confirm its top/ bottom....

Door knobs aren't in the center of a door. They're pretty much always- as in, in probably over 95% of door designs- slightly below waist height, because they have to be accessible to children, and it's more ergonomic for them to be lower to the ground. Plus better for security. Saying you can't know where the bottom of a door is because it isn't on the hinges is like saying you can't tell which way a bus is going because you can't see the door.

You could also either place a step-stool for the dog to reach the doggie door and teach it how to fly.

OP I sympathize, we have all screwed up on something before. In the worst case you buy a new door.... As the old saying goes “ Measure twice, cut once” - Meaning be very, very sure before you cut.

Get Granny a Jack Russell Terrier and all will be well. That little ****** will be happy to leap through a 7-foot high doggie door.

Teach Grandma's dog to climb a knotted rope! ;-)

All you need to do is get Grandma to wear the unlock collar...

How on earth do you make a mistake like that.

I don’t care about the story, but title guy knows Red Green quotes!!!