By horribletimeeverywhere74747 - 11/04/2018 13:00 - United States - Navarre

Today, the girl who'd asked me to prom told me she assumed we weren't going together and is now going with her friends. After agreeing to go with her, I'd bought a $200 non-refundable suit along with the ticket. I have no one else to go with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 559
You deserved it 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

Every man needs at least one well fitting suit. You may not be able to use it for prom, but it will never be useless.

I hope OP comes by to give us more details because I am confused. How can she ask OP to prom and they say yes, and then she doesn't think they've agreed to go together? Is she just stupid or flaky, or was the whole thing just a cruel game or what?

Comments

ohsnapword 21

I guess she thought yes meant no.

Lobby_Bee 17

Every man needs at least one well fitting suit. You may not be able to use it for prom, but it will never be useless.

It says this takes place in the United States and since this is about Prom the OP is most likely 17-18 years old which means that unless they gain weight or seriously bulk up, it is unlikely they will outgrow the suit at this point. Usually by 18, and again I stress usually because I know there are random freak incidents, but usually by 18 you are pretty much at whatever predetermined height and width your genetic make-up gives you by default.

Um, no; it's not very likely to maintain one's high-school weight after graduation here in the US. Given the overabundance of fast food places, junk food (chips, etc.), and large restaurant servings, most people gain weight during their 20's - 40's. Hence, the current significant rate of obesity. --USA resident

I hope OP comes by to give us more details because I am confused. How can she ask OP to prom and they say yes, and then she doesn't think they've agreed to go together? Is she just stupid or flaky, or was the whole thing just a cruel game or what?

I actually knew a girl that did a similar thing to me....and to this day i still have no clue why she did it other than "i probably just was her backup-plan".

WeirdUS 29

I’m getting the feeling there might be something missing here. Did you say yes but not follow up maybe she wanted to go with you to get the tux ? At the very least you have a good suit and you can still go. Who knows who you will dance with that prom .

Small-claims court. Or, grow a pair and go stag.

I'd say go stag and crash your prom. Going with someone is overrated anyway and I always found the "romantic" aspect of prom to be pathetically cliche.

She asked you to prom--did you actually say yes? And if so, did you follow up with when you meet, where you go out, what color is her dress, etc.? How did she just assume that you weren't going together?

I get the where to meet and when they were going but why the flip does her dress color matter? As a female who went to prom I would have found it very strange if the person I was going with had asked me what color dress I was wearing. If it is about "coordinating outfits" or something that's just creepy. A girl wearing a blue dress does not mean he should wear a blue suit, and in fact unless they are participating in some strange color coordinated team competition, I would say he definitely shouldn't wear a suit the same color as her dress. If it is about a corsage or something, than the question should simply be "What kind of corsage do you want" or even "do you want a corsage?" because allergies are thing and you don't want to give a girl a gift that will make her spend the night sneezing with eyes puffed and swollen.

I say, go to your Prom anyway!! You’ve already bought the suit, you’ve got your ticket.... That way, perhaps you’ll Arrive there on your own, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll have to Leave there alone!