By Kitcat034 - 22/01/2018 15:00

Today, I told my roommate that I was an atheist and she laughed. I left and returned to find her and her prayer group praying for my soul. She told me to accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I said no. Then she told me to find somewhere else to live. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 826
You deserved it 1 031

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you want to live with someone like that anyways? Being religious is OK, but forcing it on others is obnoxious.

that's awful and not loving. remind her Jesus hung out with 'sinners'. also does she have the right to kick you out? does she own the house or something because if not, she should be the one to leave and you don't have to back down to her

Comments

that's awful and not loving. remind her Jesus hung out with 'sinners'. also does she have the right to kick you out? does she own the house or something because if not, she should be the one to leave and you don't have to back down to her

Her roommate doesn't get the whole thing. If you live your life in a humble, loving way then other people might see that and possibly be interested in what she believes in. She could also try being considerate of others peoples' beliefs and lifestyles. If she really felt THAT strongly about living with someone who believed in God she shouldn't have gotten a random roommate.

onceuponatime456 16

So much for her claiming to be a Christian!! Typical these days!

You could always convert to Islam. They believe in Jesus so technically you'd be doing what she wants. Maybe start up your own prayer group and have a whole bunch of people in your apartment five times a day bowing and chanting in the general direction of Mecca. Or you could throw subtlety out the window and throw a backpack at her and then wildly sprint in the opposite direction. That'd really put the fear of god into her. Basically, if you know what you're doing, there no end to the amount of fun you can have with a religious nutjob.

Mal2003 17

Well, they believe Jesus was a prophet and Christians' whole thing is the belief that Jesus is God

Why would you want to live with someone like that anyways? Being religious is OK, but forcing it on others is obnoxious.

Jesus Christ, you really got nailed this time OP. And back to regretting my life I go...

indienerdgirl 27

Her pushing it on you is bullshit. Some Christian she is. And do you really have to move out? Does she own the place? Is only her name on the lease? Because if not there has to be a way to work it out. But of course with a bitch like her as a roommate you might want to leave anyways.

psycobunnymamafox 13

my moms a Christian I have been a pagan Wiccan most of my life but I had to hide it from her I started wearing my pentical around her and and she looks at me dead in the eyes and said" not that shit again" I just laughed cuz I learned everything I know from her mom and grandmother she doesn't realize that almost every family recipe has pagan origins from how it's cooked to the times of year your supposed to make them. Not to mention most of the ingredients are meant to help heal certain ailments. She has tried in the past to force me into her way of thinking so I feel you op.

There is no such tbing as a wiccan, as there is no such thing as magical witchcraft...

She can't just tell you to leave. Not quite how it works. If she's bothered by it that much, she can be the one to leave! Unless you're not on the lease. But either way, I wouldn't want to live with someone so ignorant and obnoxious.

There is a fine example of "Christian" love....LOL

Alup132 22

Yep, it’s this kind of person that makes Christians seem like and people!