By Livingthedream - 12/08/2018 06:00

Today, I got home from a long day of work and saw a pile of dog puke on the kitchen floor. I went to get paper towels and found a pile of dog shit. With my foot. Both of my kids were home all day and left the piles for me to clean because "that's gross". FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 942
You deserved it 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay pumpkin so what you do is call your lovely children from their holes and make them clean it up no matter how much they complain. They did it because they knew you’d clean it up.

Not gonna lie, I was expecting this FML to end with "I don't have a dog".

Comments

Not gonna lie, I was expecting this FML to end with "I don't have a dog".

Okay pumpkin so what you do is call your lovely children from their holes and make them clean it up no matter how much they complain. They did it because they knew you’d clean it up.

YDI for failed parenting, your kids have zero respect for you

Just tell them next time you'll put it in there beds if it's not cleaned up 😈

mccuish 25

This is when you force your kids to clean the messes up.

At least they didn't say "I didn't see it" which is the response I get (even from the 21 year old)

julfunky 29

That’s actually better. These kids said they saw it and didn’t care. The parent is not even semi-respected when they don’t even ATTEMPT to cover up the fact.

It is true — that is gross. Good thing they had you to clean it up for them. They might eventually toughen up if they had to do it themselves!

Grounding doesn't seem to work these days, so here's something better; change the WiFi password to something very difficult and refuse to give them the password for a week. They'll soon learn to give more respect.

If they're old enough for the internet, they're old enough to be disciplined like young adults and they wouldn't even have thought twice about a) Letting the dog out b) Cleaning up after it.

Stick the kids noses in it, then make them clean it up.

Sounds like you need to start being a parent. Start with making them take responsibility and having consequences. Like, making them clean up after the pet and when they dont, take away electronics. Stop doing everything for them.