By TrappedInSchool - 28/07/2018 12:30 - United States - Fort Collins

Today, I found out that my parents lied to me about my GPA so they could go back on our agreement of "3.0 or above or summer school" and had no intention of honoring the agreement anyway. I've been in summer school doing catch-up for kicks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 700
You deserved it 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did your parents lie to you about your GPA?

It’s best to learn early that most parents have no respect for their children, and will go back on anything they ever say to them simply because they think that they’re the adult, so they have the power. They don’t exactly care how that effects the trust in the parent and child dynamic. Sorry OP, but you really should have known your GPA anyway. It wouldn’t have helped you, your parents would have done what they wanted no matter what, but it’s a no win situation.

Comments

How did your parents lie to you about your GPA?

Forget finding out the truth about Jimmy Hoffa, I need to know how this happened, and I need to know NOW!

I get that sucks but how did you not know your own gpa?

It’s best to learn early that most parents have no respect for their children, and will go back on anything they ever say to them simply because they think that they’re the adult, so they have the power. They don’t exactly care how that effects the trust in the parent and child dynamic. Sorry OP, but you really should have known your GPA anyway. It wouldn’t have helped you, your parents would have done what they wanted no matter what, but it’s a no win situation.

I don't agree but I do think that some of what you say is true. but I think lots of parents respect their children but not always in every way unfortunately. Bit I doubt most would do this.

@Interesting33 Well, I certainly don’t mean anything out right negative when talking about this subject. It starts with simple things, like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc. the parent already starts a pattern of lying and mistrust. Then as the child gets older, they may say things such as ‘This is MY house’ indicating to the child that they are simply property, such as the house, the TV, and that even their own home is not a sanctuary for them. Or, during arguments, if one parent does slight the child, but the other parent automatically believes the other adult it can reinforce a distrust in authoritative figures. Certainly not all families are like this, but a lot of parents think that because they are older, they are wiser and know what’s best.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. If summer school doesn’t kill you, it’ll make you smarter as well!

Maybe they were correct to trick you into summer school if you can't find your own GPA.

Mooglefox 23

Don’t you have to pay to go to summer school?

If op's school is like how mine were, they send the final GPA in the mail addressed to the parents. If they didnt show OP then they wouldnt have known or they could have photo shopped it as it wouldnt be hard.

But you still know the individual grades, right? So if you can't figure out your own GPA with that maybe attending summer school isn't a bad idea....

PenguinPal3017 19

You wouldn't expect them to lie to you, so probably wouldn't do the math to check.

sounds like you failed.. at checking your grades.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Okay what grade are you in? At some point a teacher would have told you

corky1992 33

You didnt check it yourself? Isn’t it on your report card?