By gmanxx - 29/06/2018 18:34

Today, I was fired from my new job before my first paycheck for taking 2 days off. I took 2 days off because my father got drunk and totaled my car, leaving me with no transportation, a hospitalized dad, property damage, and no money to pay for it all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 487
You deserved it 500

gmanxx tells us more.

gmanxx 9

you think i would lend him my keys knowing he was wasted? he took them. end of story.

Top comments

Hope your dad’s okay. That way you can tear him a new one.

In no way does it say that they loaned the car. Dad probably stole the car for the night, and that’s likely what happened. Don’t put words there like you know the whole situation.

Comments

azouwa 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

In no way does it say that they loaned the car. Dad probably stole the car for the night, and that’s likely what happened. Don’t put words there like you know the whole situation.

Who says OP allowed the father to use it? The dad was drunk. OP, If it wasn't far, take a taxi, a bus, bike it. Something, anything just to get there. If you're in an At will State, they can fire you that early. Your car wouldn't have been fixed in two days anyways. Should have gotten a loaner and made your dad pay for it if possible! If you were seriously in a situation where none of the above could have worked, you have more issues to resolve than a totaled car and lost new job. Best of luck to you.

manb91uk 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
azouwa 26

1) I couldn't care less what a stranger thinks of me. 2) If you're going to cut someone down you should do it in style you knuckle dragging swamp twat. 3) It don't matter if the dad begged for the car or stole the car. OP made it possible for him to get the keys, and this is why it's OPs fault. 4) For everyone saying I shouldn't "read" into this FML the dad probably stole the car.... get off your high horse. It doesn't say he stole it either... 5) Thanks for making me smile guys. You're awesome. I'm going to work now... in a car only I drive...

Zachary8261 28

Did it say anywhere that “I loaned my car to my drunk dad?” No! His dad probably stole the car.

Kanza Qamar 3

wow, such great advice. we should all be selfish assholes like you.

Lobby_Bee 17

Love how everybody is jumping on the side, the car wasn't loaned based on the fact it wasn't said the car was loaned. Going by this logic, why would you assume it wasn't? OP did not say he didn't loan it to his father. It could go both ways and it would be just as bad.

because he totally knew his dad was going to wreck it. ********.

tounces7 27

Yeah if his dad was drunk the stupid ass probably just stole the keys. I mean the fact he doesn't have his own car in the first place shows what a loser his dad likely is.

gmanxx 9

you think i would lend him my keys knowing he was wasted? he took them. end of story.

Then you have two choices..... One you call the police and press charges for Grand Theft Auto. Two you're out of car and responsible for all damages he is done, and he can hold you responsible for the accident.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Hope your dad’s okay. That way you can tear him a new one.

Ya could try to explain what happened to your boss play the sympathy card, it might work,and good luck.

Tell your dad you got the car professionally cleaned and hit him up with a $80 bill. That's easier than working for a living.

The damage done to the car is probably a lot more than $80

Indubitably! But squeezing $80 out of his drunkard dad ought to be easy.

Why don't you ask Dr. OLU for help? Just a love spell from Dr. Olu and you will be reinstated in no time, with even more privileges, coz your boss LOVES you now, literally! PS- Just dont forget to ask Dr. Olu to be prepared with a reverse spell after you get ur job back, otherwise, well..

Could people please stop reporting this comment? It's obviously a joke!

Who am i even offending, perhaps only loyal followers of Dr. Olu..?

Ah the entitled youth of this generation. Shocking they expect you to show up. Take a damn bus or cab or Uber. Life lesson, you will be fired for any job for taking days off 2 weeks in. This isn’t grade school, no one cares your car got a boo boo. Figure it out.

did you miss the part where he said he had no money? did you miss the part where it said his dad is hospitalized? did you also miss the part where he said he has NO transportation? ******* hell!!!!

ChristianH39 30

While the rest of your post isn't wrong, you are still a grade A shitstain to call OP entitled given the rest of the situation.

tounces7 27

Sounds like his "prior generation" dad is the one who is entitled. After all he stole his kids car and wrecked it.

gmanxx 9

maybe you should ask for the whole story before making assumptions.

.... His dad was in the hospital. I'm not showing up to work if my parents are in the hospital, even if they did something stupid to end up there. And I don't want to be employed by a company that wouldn't understand that.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Ahh the me me me generation.... I agree how far away was work?

2 days before your first pay check means you've been there what? A week? 2 weeks? A month tops? Now you've missed 2 days of work and it sounds like you're gonna miss more because you don't have transportation anymore. Sympathy is nice and all, but business is business. They need someone who can do the job and you shouldn't expect loyalty after such a short time.

Show paper work of why you called out you might get your job back and ask somebody to take you to work or get a bicycle

Aww poor kids mad I said that’s how life works. No money? Stand a dang street corner you’ll have bus fare in 20 mins. You kids needs to learn to humble yourselves. Lazy as heck.

tounces7 27

You really are an idiot, aren't you? Not everywhere has reliable bus transportation.

gmanxx 9

wow. maybe you should ask for the details before being a douche.

adventureinthesea 14

Sounds like you may be the type of person to drunkly steal someone’s car and total it like his dad. But totally, #KidsTheseDays amirite?!

julfunky 29

They’re not mad, just annoyed at the pathetic “kids these days” attitude. Seriously, everyone is getting tired of hearing it. Get over yourself and your “generation.” Insulting the generation your generation raised? Sounds smart.

Or we reply to the information provided. You idiots don’t get that you can’t keep a job you leave after a week.

Ah baby I’m way too young to have kids that age. Just smarter than you idiots and realize how entitled these brats are.

Ha. I don’t need to take daddy’s car. I’ve had my own since I was 18 that I bought and know what Uber is. Good try though.

1. maybe he's less complaining about losing the job and complaining more about the situation that got him there 2. he could live an hour commute from his work with no public transportation (been there- done that- if my car was totaled I wouldnt have been able to get there either) 3. he had no money and depending on how far he was away an uber is not cheap. 4. maybe he had no one else to call to get him to work. You call him entitled? I call you entitled if you cant think of a dozen reasons he couldn't get to work after losing his mode of transportation. I'm all for calling people entitled brats if thats what they are- but good work showing your own entitlement.