This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By mia - 01/04/2018 01:30

Today, my boyfriend took me to my first session of Dungeons and Dragons, which I had been excited about for weeks. I picked it up quickly, but my rolls were so bad that I "embarrassed" my boyfriend. He won't be taking me to any future sessions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 981
You deserved it 409

Top comments

it's d and d! take yourself! anyone is welcome. turn up anyway and tell him you invited yourself. have fun!! that's the point! I hope he was joking because if not that is a very immature attitude he has

Is he under the impression his dice rolls are the result of skill? o_O?

Comments

it's d and d! take yourself! anyone is welcome. turn up anyway and tell him you invited yourself. have fun!! that's the point! I hope he was joking because if not that is a very immature attitude he has

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Dark♡Twisty 8

I sure hope this is sarcasm 😂

I hope you’re not pretending not to recognize obvious sarcasm.

Is he under the impression his dice rolls are the result of skill? o_O?

That’s exactly what I was thinking. It’s a game of pure chance, what’s the point of being embarrassed?

tounces7 27

Umm, it is not a game of pure chance. You're thinking monopoly. Yes, there is a random element - but it is hardly "Pure chance".

Monopoly is not a game of pure chance either. Only game that would be is if you just roll a dice and see who’s higher.

Doesn’t matter how high your boyfriend rolls he’s still an asshole.

So... A D&D playing boy gets a girlfriend (whaaat? I'm one of those, and wasn't able to get laid until like 20) and he's being an ass-hole to you? Man, he should really be more appreciative or he'll be up to a big surprise later in life. Hope someone explains that to him.

20 really isn’t that old to lose your virginity. Now, had you said 30, that would have been different.

I hate that myth that people who like D&D and other games can't find a girlfriend. There are plenty of girls who are into that, too! Stop applying gender to hobbies!!! It doesn't ******* matter!

Your point's not wrong at all, but...OP's a dude.

Your point's not wrong at all, but...OP's a dude.

Don’t feel bad. I’ve been playing for 2 years now and my dice rolls are crap. But I still have fun and no decent player will judge you for it. Will Wheaton has famously bad rolls, he just laughs at himself.

Donut_Wizard 23

Boyfriend thinks he is going to have sex. Rolls for initiative. Critical failure. Penis shrivels and falls off.

WeirdUS 29

Sorry to hear that OP, good for you on going and hopefully this doesn't sour your experience with D&D. Not sure why'd he think your roll was bad unless you were throwing hard enough they were constantly going off the table or knocking stuff over.

Shaibear96 9

But- why does it matter? Your rolls shouldnt really impact his chara unless you rolled so terribly that your attack accidently hit him. Even if that was the case: its a game. The point is to have fun.